Tech 120 & Vortech

ConcreteReefer

In Memoriam
Hey, did they get the issue worked out *they won't stick to the back of the Tech series*

I want to try one of these pumps out and see if its worth getting rid of my Tunze.

What's the issue with replacing a part yearly? Does Icecap pay for that? What's the deal?

As stated in a previous thread, EcoTech was at a Trade Show this weekend. I am sure they will address this when they return on Monday.

Re: Tech 120 & Vortech

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12255954#post12255954 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ConcreteReefer
Hey, did they get the issue worked out *they won't stick to the back of the Tech series*

I want to try one of these pumps out and see if its worth getting rid of my Tunze.

What's the issue with replacing a part yearly? Does Icecap pay for that? What's the deal?

We have been at a trade show all weekend introducing a new product and will not be back in the office until Tuesday so please forgive us if we are not able to respond immediately to all inquiries.

We have tested the Tech Series and have determined that they do use a strange material on the back of the tank which blocks magnetism. It will also block the magnetism from magnetic algae cleaners and magnetic powerhead brackets. However, because our pump's magnets are used to transfer torque, it is even more of a problem for our pump.

As for replacement parts, the wet drive shaft is a wear component which must be replaced every 18 months to two years or longer (depending on speed and alignment) and costs $10. The magnet also currently requires replacement at that same time frame and costs $15. By the time the magnet will require replacement we will have a magnet available which lasts for the life of the pump.

-Tim

Thanks for the response- So were looking at $25 after 18 months & $10 every 18 months from then on? Whats the expected lifespan of this pump? 10 yrs?

Lately I've been seeing a lot of bad reviews, I was planning on buying a used one to try out & save myself some $$- What kind of warranty do you offer? Is it transferable?

Thanks

Placing a vortech or any other pump on the back of your aquarium, pointed away from your corals is just about the most inefficient way to deliver flow to your corals. This would be like placing a light source on the bottom of a barebottom tank and hoping you reflected enough light off the surface to keep your corals healthy. Please do you and your corals a favor and place vortechs and any other water flow device on the sides of your tank where they have half a chance to deliver proper flow to your corals.

Back