Temp Probe Problem?

Rollin

Premium Member
I'm having a bit of trouble with the temp probe on my ACII. I have a JBJ Arctica 1/10 chiller which displays the temperature. I also have a small Coralife temp probe that matches the chiller display to within a couple tenths of a degree.

I have the ACII controlling the heater. I've tried a couple of times to calibrate the ACII temp probe to match as close as possible the other 2 probes but after time it seems to wander off. No matter how many times I reset calibration the ACII is wandering off over the course of a day or so. I usually wind up with the ACII/heater fighting against the chiller OR the water getting too cold.

Is anyone else having this type of issue with the temp calibration of their ACII? I'm hoping it's a simple setting that I need to change.

TIA

~chris

Set the log interval to once every 5 minutes or so. Then look at the datalogs in the controller and see if the temp. spikes/changes are correlated with anything turning on/off around the tank. Physically separate the temperature cord from any other equipment cords. If it is interference causing the problem it is likely coming from an electronic ballast.

Curt

Back