Temperature fluctuations

Bthomas04

I know there have probably been a ton of temperature threads but I have a question regarding softies and lps. My apartment is so difficult to keep a steady indoor temperature. I’m going to be setting up a 15 gallon IM fusion tank. Throughout the summer there can be a fluctuation of 4-5 degrees in my apartment throughout the day. Do you think this fluctuation in air temp will effect my tank? I’ll be keeping mainly softies, Zoas, and some LPS.

Last edited:
I know there have probably been a ton of temperature threads but I have a question regarding softies and lps. My apartment is so difficult to keep a steady indoor temperature. I’m going to be setting up a 15 gallon IM fusion tank. Throughout the summer there can be a fluctuation of air temp that ranges from 71 degrees to 75 degrees in my apartment throughout the day. Do you think this fluctuation in air temp will effect my tank? I’ll be keeping mainly softies, Zoas, and some LPS.
Not if you are using a heater in your aquarium. 75 would be the normal bottom temp for reef tanks.

Agreed as long as your using a heater you should be fine. Unless your indoor temp is leaking 82/84 then maybe consider a chiller if it’s going above that but otherwise you should be fine

The smaller tank will tend to be a little warmer over the summer. On Super HOT days my 12Nano can peak 82 at times. I don’t have the cash for a chiller so I compensate the best I can with a quick fix. I keep a frozen bottle of saltwater in a sterilized bottle always ready. (Saltwater has a lower freeze temp and will last longer as it cools the water around the bottle) I don’t have a sump but in the summer I will remove my heater and open space in a chamber in the back which is perfect….or just make due.
(Again it’s for a quick cheap fix). I can drop it a degree or two slowly over the course of about an hour. Usually will hold that temp for the remainder of the hot daytime

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3620.jpeg
    IMG_3620.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Back