Test Strips:

rayoto

Is anyone using the strips for testing. I'm using Salifert liquid for my calcium, but was thinking about p/u test strips for for No3, Ammonia, and PHos etc...

Use it for normal tests ammonia, nitrite, alk, PH but uses good brands for nitrate, calcium, phosphate (but really you don't need phosphate).

Test strips are notoriously inaccurate. I would go with a decent liquid test kit for all your tests. I always recommend API for the big three; Nitrate, Calcium, and Alkalinity.

API makes affordable, and relatively accurate test kits. For things like pH, amm., nitrite, and alk. I would just use the API kits. And for caclium, nitrate, phosphate, and a few others I would go with salifert or another brand that is widely accepted as being very accurate. Unless of course you can afford to buy all salifert.
But do not use test strips, they are garbage.

Its a rumor I think, but I've also heard that the owner is sick so he hasn't been around to run the business. I know we are still getting the test kits in where I work.

Don't waste your time on results from test strips, invest money in test kits. Yes, test strips are cheap and convenient, but are quite inaccurate.

Back