That pet place/that fish place issues

mushumatt

Has anyone been there recently? I made the trip up because they said they had the skimmer I was looking for in stock. I got up there any not only was it not in stock they didn't even stock the skimmer! I decided to get most of my stuff for my new 40 gallon build.

I had to price match everything because it was a good $10-$20 more for everything I got compared to other stores or online retailers. I went back into the fish room to check out the corals and some inverts. The quality of the tanks where subpar, and the prices where ridiculous!!! They then tried to lecture me on products and had no idea what I was talking about. Has anyone else had the same experience as I did recently? I can see why they send out so many coupons every month, draws people in. And they sell the product for the same price as other retailers.

I only live in west Chester it's not worth the drive any longer. I was insulted that they tried to lecture me. My friends have had the same experience the last time they went and refuse to go back. It used to be a great store. But the last time I was there was 3-4 years ago.

+1 not what it used to be. I live about 45 min away and not worth the trip. Mail order all my stuff, cheaper, tax free, and free shipping

When I was in the fish room I saw they had Springer's damsels which aren't as mean as others and have been known to eat flatworms. I have had a flatworm outbreak in my Nano and wanted to get them cleaned up before I did the transplant into the 40 breeder. I told the person helping me, she then gets the "saltwater fish room manager" to come over and both team up on me lecturing me telling me I don't know what I'm talking about and they won't eat flatworms. Well 36 hours later I can't find a single flatworm in my tank! Coincidence, I think not!!

From what I was told, the son of the founder ran the place into the ground. Aside from preferring to not pay bills (which makes it kinda hard to stock stuff) he wasn't into running the place in general. A former high level employee bought the place. He was able to borrow a decent chunk of money and is trying to make suppliers happy. Who knows whether he'll be able to pull it off. I suppose time will tell.

Just what I heard - who knows the truth.

It has been really bad. But slowly recently it seems like new owners are getting things back in order and hopefully more improvements.

Back