The agenda for tomorrow's WTMRAC meeting

neuroslicer

Old School Reefer
The main item for tomorrow's agenda will be the closing of the reef club. While I have received numerous comments of support, I have had a minimal number of responses from members willing to host meetings or even make an attempt to attend meetings on a regular basis. The club needs much more active participation to survive, and it looks like there is not the willingness to make the effort.

A few years back we had an informal "garage sale" of reef hardware, supplies and frags at my home... nothing that required major organization.... just bring your goods and frags for sale or trade. Perhaps in the next couple of months we can put together something like that, not open to the general public but just for the local enthusiasts who participate in the forum and facebook. I'll keep you informed with details of our discussions.
JB

Honestly I think if the club as a whole decides to call it quits the frag swap should still happen at least.....a sort of farewell party. Instead of keeping money for the next year swap donate it all to charity or whatever the club wants to do with it. Just my 0.02 but technically I'm not a member.

Honestly I think if the club as a whole decides to call it quits the frag swap should still happen at least.....a sort of farewell party. Instead of keeping money for the next year swap donate it all to charity or whatever the club wants to do with it. Just my 0.02 but technically I'm not a member.

I second that notion as a member.

That would require people to help, and sufficient vendors. Our number one sponsor has chosen not to support us this year, but with sufficient help and enough vendors we could pull it off. Volunteer below!

I don't think the club should fade away. I have hosted At my home in The past and would love to do so again. I am off work as of now on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so just let me know. Lindsey and I just moved into a new home and would love to host a meeting. Main reason for lack of participation is new jobs for both of us and running our own business. At last years frag swap I couldn't say yes I will be there and I can do this or that. But when it came down to the day of the swap. I had to work a 14 hour shift and left work and drove to the swap and helped every vendor I could unpack and setup. It wasn't much but it was what I could do at the time.
Overall we had a good time at the swap. And I have learned so much from alot of members in the club over the past few years I would hate to see this club fade away.

I hear ya! It is what it is! Looks like most people nowadays are content to sit at their computers and look at pretty pics of other people's tanks. I for one would rather meet with my friends (and make new friends) and interact socially, listen to their stories of success and failures, their special tips for reefing, and to see their cool tanks. It's sad that a lot of what was promised with the "new elite society" (newsletters, podcasts, occasional meetings, and an annual frag swap) were just empty words and have not materialized.

Back