The BEST fish for Aiptasia

dgtron

Hands Down Raccoon Butterfly wins!
I had a few thousands of Aiptasia in my tank. (Without exaggeration)

Less than a month of getting a Raccoon Butterfly, I can hardly find an Aiptasia in my tank. Thumbs Up for the Raccoon!
I'm going to wait for another month or so & then ready to pass him on someone who is infected with Aiptasia.

That is great news!!! Plus they are great looking fish. I had my best luck with the filefish. Cleared my hundreds of aiptasia up in a few weeks. They are not the most attractive reef fish though :p

That is great news!!! Plus they are great looking fish. I had my best luck with the filefish. Cleared my hundreds of aiptasia up in a few weeks. They are not the most attractive reef fish though :p

Speak for yourself

longnose-filefish_dave-rudie.jpg

Those files are beautiful!!! Of course I was speaking of the bristle tail filefish that are kind of drab camouflage color :) they can't compete with yours!!!

Those files are beautiful!!! Of course I was speaking of the bristle tail filefish that are kind of drab camouflage color :) they can't compete with yours!!!

I stole that picture from a random google image search, nice page with images about diving. In retrospect I should have stolen

orange%2Bspotted%2Bfile%2Bfish%2B1.jpg

I agree the raccoons are great, but mine ate coral also......Just beware if you have standard internal overflows, they aren't gone. Came back within weeks of removing the fish. I bleached the entire system, they are dead now =).

Copperband Butterfly eliminated my infestation. The problem with many fish that eat aiptasia is that once the nuisance is gone the fish often starve. I would suggest finding one of the above mentioned and see if they will eat dry/frozen food before bringing him/her home. Good luck!

I have been renting out a mated file to people with aiptasia and majano. Completely cleared 300+ from a buddy's tank. I think efrain has him now. Shoot him a pm and you can take him next.

Back