The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcgreaux

The B.M.C.

i would like to start off saying i love this skimmer lol. let keep this thread clean and to the point of this perticular skimmer and not about what other one would be better, thankyou. here a couple pic of the skimmer out of the box and in the sump.

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1444-Copy.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

how long did it take you to get it? is a 110v pump or a 220v with an adapter?

I guess this will be the first club I join in RC, the next will be the rimless shallow.

I had my BM100 for more than a month now, made a mistake with building my sumptuous high and I ended with very wed end product, but considering my location, I had only this option, later I had the chance to lay my hand on a reef octubos, glad I went with BM, build quality is very good, the pump can be better, need to have low water level to get better performance, and most important, NOISE is very LOW, it is running in my living room and I cannot tell if it was on without looking, the break in period was few minutes after the viniger bath.
by the way guys, the hong kong fish street seller povides a great after sale service, they shipped me free part just incase, they did not even ask for shipping

Tim, yours is shooting micro bubbles, give it a week, if it does not shlow, play with the water level in the skimmer, with your dry foam, expect to find the foam getting out of the breathing holes in the lid

TK

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13027366#post13027366 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by edwing206
Pinwheel.

Needle Wheel

hmm learned something new...

its a pin wheel. hope that helps

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13027371#post13027371 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thabet_2
Tim, yours is shooting micro bubbles, give it a week, if it does not shlow, play with the water level in the skimmer, with your dry foam, expect to find the foam getting out of the breathing holes in the lid

TK

yea i'm waiting for the internals to slime over, and it siting deep like 12" of water ( im glueing a stand together as we post)

im going to be buying another one of these skimmers for my other tank.

how deep you plan to have it in water, mine did best in about 10 inches, now it is setting in 14 and not doing its best, it did very dry foam in about 10

Try to get the BM150 for the other tank, it will give higher reaction time and perform better, space was my limiting factor

off topic, as a Nissan man, would you recomment a morano over an envoy?
Thanks

Count me in the club! These are indeed nice skimmers as we are finishing up testing several models from them now...

Hope this helps,
Chad D. Bryant
--

theres the atman ph2500 (same and the aqua via i think) that was only avalable in 220v but now is avalable in 110, and the aqua-bee that the rest of the b-m skimmers but there only avalable in 220v (but the deltec turbo 1250 skimmer use a aqua-bee in a 110v or a 1250 ehiem maybe hmmm?). so come on bubble-magus hurry up and swap some pumps out we got a great market in america.

i want to get some mesh to try a mesh mod any body got some extra lying around willing to send?

I like the look of this skimmer but shipping is almost as much as the skimmer. Has anyone tried a different pump? What would fit? Also how big is the chamber and neck? Thanks

They are really serious skimmer maker, keep improving design. But so sad, AB pump compay only supports Deletc skimmer, it is part of their contract I guess. Otherwise, the BM skimmer could be a competor of Deletc.
I heard a lot of positive feedback from the reefers in Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back