The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a BM NAC3.5? I should receive on Friday and was ordering what people thought of it.

I do. I have it running on an Elos Mini because I was really dissatisfied with the stock Elos NS100 skimmer. I've been very happy with the NAC3.5 so far.

One more question... I've read quite a few bad reviews of the atman pumps. Is that something to seriously worry about when buying a used skimmer?

I'm looking at switching up skimmers from an aquac ev-180 on my 90g tank. I currently have a medium bioload and will eventually have a heavy load. Would the NAC6A or NAC7 be a better choice? They are both listed as able to handle a 90g with a heavy bioload...

^^^^
I think the NAC7 should be more than enough! Theyre rated, 130g-185g. The NAC6 ranges between 100g-160g, so you should be good either way.

I've got my NAC7 skimming my 190g, and it handles it no prob. I've got only 4 fishies, but SPS Dominant and it gets the job done. Not the same build quality, but skimmate pull and color is right there in comparison to my previous KZ Cone S.

I too was concerned about the reliability of the Atman pumps, and still waiting for a response to upgrading to like an Askoll or a Sicce??? :confused:

GL

Just wanted to share...2hrs after cleaning skimmer cup

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

Got a new NAC7 running on my 90. It's nice and compact, very quiet. I was on the fence between this one and the 180CS (overkill, why not?) since I'm going to a 120 as soon as I move. I still may go with the 180CS when it's all said and done, but I'm quite happy with the NAC7. It was loud at first (ran it in vinegar for a few hours when I first got it), but got quiet in a short amount of time.

^^^
I was debating on the 180CS as well, but have heard that they are super loud. I'm very happy with my NAC7 and its super quiet. My KZ Cone S was much louder!

Hmm, I hadn't heard that they are loud. Guess I'm glad I stuck with the NAC7. The loudest thing relating to my tank now is the chiller when it kicks on, and the MP40.

My 180CS is super quiet. Just like au01st the loudest thing in the tank is the MP40 at night, and the zmmmmmm from the metal halide

Looks good! Now I wonder which would be the better value, the 180CS for $405, or the NAC9 at $400? Still planning to run it on a 120 with a 40b sump, but that's not to say there won't be yet another upgrade in the future to maybe a 180 or 240.

Think the NAC9 on a 120 is overkill?

they had some other good looking skimmers but the pumps are 220 are they going to put out 115 versions for us here in the states

I recently saw one on eBay for $350 with free shipping (brand new 180CS that is, red acrylic even), but didn't look at the auction end time in my watch list, and it ended before I could jump. Seller relisted at $450, so I think it might have been an error. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back