The end is near for Green Bay LFS!

Aquabucket

Premium Member
Sorry for the bad news but it is almost certain now that the Pet Adventure store I work for (formally Animal Adventure) in Green Bay will more than likely be closing down in the next coming months or so.

I have not been able to make my planned SW orders the past few weeks because of a lack of funds and its been frustrating. Its a shame as I had some real nice stuff available this week including some of the famous neon orange and green clove polyp colonies from the Solomon Islands. I have been trying to score some of these for a couple of years now.

Scott the owner is going to try to open an aquarium oriented store ASAP in another location with a larger emphasis on SW livestock, goods and systems. I have my doubts as to whether he can pull it off though.

On a good note I will talking with my best wholesaler with regard to keeping an account here locally for the Fox Valley Reef Club. If it works out I will fill you in on what I have planned.

I will keep you all posted as things develop.

I only ask that you please refrain from bringing up this subject with Scott or anyone else at the current store.

Thanks,
~Spike

Wow, should make the market WIDE OPEN since Advanced is less than par, and the rumor was that Jeff will be forced to close by Juza... Wait dang that fell thru... that leaves us with Jeff and Adam, then Petco...

DANG!

Anyone wanna go to Milwaukee?

Once I get things set up here, I should have somewhere in the range of about 500-600 gallons worth of holding space Spike, so if you've still got a good connect with the supplier, I should be able to handle decent-sized orders every once in a while. I'll have some room for expansion if need be as well...

Spike,
I'm not trying to be too much of a vulture here, but could you notify the rest of us with a post when and if some kind of closing sale on equipment, etc is started.
What are your prospects. A small SW store to compete with the little that is present in town?
jandlms

Of course I'll let you guys know when the closeouts start!

Fred ~ I like your thinking!

I just got done talking to Scott the owner and we should be starting a moving sale soon. I hope we get a new store and don't close up all-togethor. We shall see.

I really am sorry to hear this. I stop in there from time to time when I go to Fed Ex. I could tell things weren't going good.

Hopefully a move will help. Scotty got me started in salt. I wish him well.

Scott

Yeah John (from Advanced) and Scott got me started a loooooong time ago lol with my reef.
I hope he opens another store with more salt.

kass

Gee I was going to stop the other day and see if I could collect on the two clown fish and the coral I brought in. Oh well if things are that bad we will just let that slide I guess sure hope you guys can find another place to go. It has to cost allot of money to stay in that place. Lotsa luck.

Ha ha!

I had salt fish before I discovered Advanced which was where Scott worked at the time but not a reef. They got me started on a reef a few yrs later.
Jon was cool and had really long hair lol and knew alot about everything. More than anyone around here.
When they got the first reef around here it was 150 gal and I said thats my dream tank.
I'm pretty sure Scott had hair lmao (don't tell him but I always thought he was cute lol). Those guys were always goofing off throwing bristle worms down each others shirts and stuff.
I bought my H.O.B. filter thats still on my 55 gal. 23 yrs ago from Advanced and Scott was using it at the time and had to run home and get it.
I used to help them with the shipments of live rock and it was so much nicer back then loaded with rics and stuff before the laws.

It was really fun back then. It's too bad what happened to Jon's kid and stuff. Jon quit running it then and not sure when Scott quit and started on his own.
I havent been back to Advanced for yrs but heard Jon still comes in on Sundays. I'd love to see him again.

I do wish Scott all the best. He's been doing that for a long time and I hope he starts a new place.

kass

Re: The end is near for Green Bay LFS!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8142995#post8142995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquabucket
I only ask that you please refrain from bringing up this subject with Scott or anyone else at the current store.

Thanks,
~Spike

Lets just hope that Scott or any of the other crew does not come to the forum or just a passer by that happens to go to the store as it is a little harsh to discuss things of this nature in such a public way.

If Scott is having problems the things being said here will only make it harder on the store as people will be more inclined to hold off on getting things hoping for a "Store Closing" sale.

Having worked at stores that have gone belly up and and co-run one that the other owner was diping into the bank account till there was nothing left, I know that its hard to not try and get a jab in when your frustrated.

Lets just hope that all works out for Scott he has sacrificed alot of things in his life to keep a store with good employees that were probably making close to what he has for the past few years just for people like us to get some goodies now and then. Its always sad to see the small Ma&Pa places have bad times after the "Mega" stores move in the area. I wish all the best to Scott and his employees.

Rob

Re: Re: The end is near for Green Bay LFS!

Re: Re: The end is near for Green Bay LFS!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8167885#post8167885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hella
Lets just hope that Scott or any of the other crew does not come to the forum or just a passer by that happens to go to the store as it is a little harsh to discuss things of this nature in such a public way.

Rob

I only asked that people refrain from discussing it at the store because its depressing for him and many of the employees including myself. He is not certain on the prospects of where or if he will be moving to a new location. As I said before I will make that announcement when the time comes.

Back