the gorgeous enemy - jaw dropping zoanthid eating nudi

whodah

Who Dah?
Premium Member
so i asked my buddy weatherson to take some close ups of some nudis next time he had a chance.

weatherson is GREAT at photos... if you havn't heard of his '240G inwall' project, yer in for a treat!

at any rate, man, did he deliver.

these are up on zoaid.com - i started a 'predator' gallery. gotta keep yer friends close and enemies closer, eh?

weatherson's 240 inwall project: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=553571

zoaid's predator gallery: http://www.zoaid.com/gallery2/v/zoanthid_predators/

and best for last, the incredible nudi shots. it's a where's waldo scenario on the first pic!

nudi1.jpg

nudi2.jpg

nudi3.jpg

meant to add: it once again showcases how these little hosers blend in w/ their surroundings to the extreme level!

rhoodhouse: yer welcome, glad ya like it!

Reef Junkie: ty sir! of course the credit goes to weatherson :D

Dwarfpufferfish: indeed!

How the hell are you supposed to see that unless it is fleeing the scene in a fresh water dip?

Scott

That's amazing how they mimic the zoanthid polyps... great Pics :thumbsup: Can they change coloration as well? Say to match green zoa skirts?

I'm tagging along with PU ... I've seen 2 pics of them on orange skirt zoa's now...no other colors yet...

They really are pretty...I'd get a whole bunch if they did not eat the zoas. amazing pics!

I agree when I had a few of them last year they always seemed to be on the red and orange zoas more often than elsewhere didnt stop everyrock in my tank from getting a dip though :)

kind of an interesting shot - worthy of a bump!

weatherson took these two shots of a Juvenile Nudi.

note it's camoflauge coloration **already**!

638_nudi-big.jpg

639_nudi.jpg

as much as i hate bumping this thread...

;) :p

weatherson keeps on outdoing himself!! impossible you say? well, be your own judge! :D

quoted w/ his permission, pics/story added to ZoaID.com w/ his permission:

weatherson said:
OK... found these two jokers tonight and due to their sheer size, decided a photo shoot was in order. ;)

644_nudi-1.jpg

645_nudi-2.jpg

And here's a series of shots of a pretty interesting situation. I'd swirled the water around to get them in a better position. The larger of the two ended up in a bottom up position. Then, the smaller guy comes over to him and seemingly pushes on the flipped guy. This guy finally rights himself and the helper immediately turns and heads off away from the now righted guy. I swear it looked as though he helped him out and then moved on once things were corrected. Bizarre.

646_nudi-3.jpg

647_nudi-4.jpg

648_nudi-5.jpg

649_nudi-6.jpg

Joseph

Back