The most silent return pump for a Waterbox peninsula 25?

Hiya all!

So i got back into the hobby recently after a years break with a peninsula AIO waterbox mini 25 gallon.

I heard the stock pump is sh*t, so I got a Tunze silent 1073.008. That made quite some noise (the tank is in my home-office and its normally VERY quiet).
So i got the Eheim CompactOn 1000. I think the humm is less deep, but still very much there.

Are there any return pumps that fit my AIO sump return chamber and are virtually noiseless, or do i just have to accept the sound?

I never really had the issue beofre with tanks that had an actual sump.

So even with the rubber feet installed and the pump not touching any of the sides those two pumps were loud?

I’ve heard Sicce pumps are quiet - no experience though. Maybe 1.0 or 1.5 will fit in the chamber?

So even with the rubber feet installed and the pump not touching any of the sides those two pumps were loud?
yeah, i even put them on some filter floss matts, but didnt make a difference. It came from the pump itself even when just hanging in the water touching nothing. Maybe i'm just very sound sensitive.

I don't have that unit but my office tank is substantially quieter with a cover over it (in fact the fan on the light is the loudest thing now) although that creates a little temperature dialing.

at home the only noise item I have is actually an auxiliary air pump, but my wife put basically a rubber hot pad under it and it nearly silenced it...

Back