The start of my 300Gal starfire SPS tank

brian,
just wanted to let you know that your tank has inspired and motivated me several times over the years when i was feelin' down.

good luck with the smaller system and i wish you and your family well.

tim

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14759645#post14759645 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dudester
Wow Brian, I still can't believe it's really going to happen. I had hoped we could talk you out of it but I agree that you're making the right decision for the time being. Please feel free to call me and let me know if I can help you out with the breakdown or anything else. If Christina still has the itch maybe she'll want to help me aquascape my new tank.

All the best,

Mike

I really appreciate it, thanks for the call as well. I look forward to checking out your new tank and living vicariously through you for a while lol Mabye I can get Christina to help you out with the aquascape.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14759810#post14759810 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oldtimer
Seems all too often that this happens... my favorite tanks end their lives so soon. Invincable, Ed Reef and now you. Well, one of them returned quick - Ed Reef. I know there's a lot of dedication and hard work required for this type of system, but the rewards can be amazing. Hats off to you for the accomplishments thus far. If I know reefers, I know they'll always come back for more like a bad drug. Enjoy your short vacation and just keep positive... too much negative energy out there right now these days. :)

I'm keeping positive, and will be back one day. I'll still going to be reading forums and following your thread so who knows might be back sooner than I think, but as of now I need a good break LOL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14763671#post14763671 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gkarshens
Brian I am very sad to hear this. I had heard you were having some problems but I had no idea it was driving you out of the hobby. Let me know if you need any help taking things apart or anything.

Not really the problems driving me out, as that is part of reef keeping. I just need a break, keep my tank is like a second job and I would like to relax for a while lol
Thanks for the offer, may give you a call

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14769479#post14769479 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikedelgado
best wishes Brian,
you were a great help to me when I was setting up my tank.
lmk if you need any help lugging stuff and what not.
peace,mike

No problem I appreciate it!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14769514#post14769514 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TandN
Ive followed this tank from the very begining and also your old tank. Ill take whatever your giving lmao. Someone like you will go no more then 8 months before saying man I cant contain myself w/o a tank and will have a 500g made and filled like lightning ;) Man best of luck to you in anything that you do. The dogs are gonna love all the extra time you will have for them now lol

LOL yea the dogs will like the break, so will the wife :D
Thanks for following me along my journeys, more to follow.
and thanks for the well wishes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14774079#post14774079 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sly fox
its an awesome tank, im sure you'll be back in the future with something equally as special!

Thanks man!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14775948#post14775948 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gmatta
so sad been following since like page 2. tank and u will be missed ;( so if u want any help p.m. me be glad to help got tons of rubbermaids and i just ordered a 120 up grade for a 55 so if you want to store something would be happy to have the room :(

Thanks I may do that

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14777530#post14777530 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tfp
brian,
just wanted to let you know that your tank has inspired and motivated me several times over the years when i was feelin' down.

good luck with the smaller system and i wish you and your family well.

tim

Thanks for the complement and appreciate the well wishes!

lots of love and respect, got to love the fact that u throw props to everyone who cherishs the tank and ur job well done

Say it isn't so. I think you mixed up the holiday. April Fools is ONLY on the first of the month, not any time during that month. :eek2:

I'm sorry to hear about this. I realize the economy is taking the wind out of many people's sails, but as one LFS owner told me, when money dwindles, usually people refocus on their hobbies at home instead of other more wasteful joys (like travel). Of course I wish you the best.

So you definitely will sell it off, rather than drain it for now until you have the time to re-set it up?

thanks gmatta!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14784219#post14784219 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Say it isn't so. I think you mixed up the holiday. April Fools is ONLY on the first of the month, not any time during that month. :eek2:

I'm sorry to hear about this. I realize the economy is taking the wind out of many people's sails, but as one LFS owner told me, when money dwindles, usually people refocus on their hobbies at home instead of other more wasteful joys (like travel). Of course I wish you the best.

So you definitely will sell it off, rather than drain it for now until you have the time to re-set it up?

lol yea not an April fools joke, yup livestock almost all gone or is spoken for. Once its out I will start trying to sell the tank as a package and if that doesn't work I will part out.

Then I will pull the electrical panel out and start repairing the room which I'm not looking forward too but oh well lol.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14786850#post14786850 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jar*Head
That is really a sad news for all Reefers. I hope you come back soon

I'll try my best, I already have two or three plans for the next one so after my break one of them will be setup

Best of luck Brian. I'm here if you need me.

I wonder if anyone has ever won TOTM twice with two different tanks? If not you'll be the first one.

Good things come and good things go~
But one thing that says a lot in that sentence, your good Brian. :) It has been a pleasure following your success. I look forward to the future Green Mako projects! Happy Easter to you and your family :)

Thanks FFrankie happy easter to your family as well.

Yea the wife and I already have the plan for the next one, it will be a completely different tank and will be pretty cool if we can pull it off.

she is finally clean here is a short life story of my 300gallon:

start:

114797287_Eo3F8-M.jpg

120891988_du2Hv-M.jpg

122968495_gMjCh-L.jpg

126334809_dfzY8-M.jpg

127273475_xUBGm-M.jpg

129914280_nvnKX-M.jpg

132941290_jFB3R-M.jpg

137173319_EFKze-M.jpg

145671868_c4JZe-M.jpg

Sad indeed Brian. You put Austin on the map when it comes to reefkeeping and now you're busy spending all your free time taking pictures of snakes. :(

Sorry to hear you are going other ways. Your tank was an inspiration to many, but I understand you decision and respect that you took the best interest of the animals that were under your care.

As you know the demand of a large SPS tank takes a lot of constant tinkering to maintain a viable healthy system.

Best wishes on your future tank.

Back