The T5 Q&a Thread - split

Gettin ready to replace bulbs for my 4x t-5's. Im a fan of a more blue look so Im pretty set on 3x ATI blue+'s was just debating between ATI's aqua blue special or purple+. Im just wondering which setup will bring out the best colors all around plus support the most growth. The tank will have mainly softies with maybe a frog spawn and some acans.

If you were to choose. Which one would u get?

1. Chinese LED's (Dimmable LED's). = $350+
2. 4 Lamp T5 ATI Sunpower = $530+
3. Aquaticlife 6 Lamp T5 = $420+

Planning to keep LPS and Softies mainly. Some SPS possibly or clam.

Gettin ready to replace bulbs for my 4x t-5's. Im a fan of a more blue look so Im pretty set on 3x ATI blue+'s was just debating between ATI's aqua blue special or purple+. Im just wondering which setup will bring out the best colors all around plus support the most growth. The tank will have mainly softies with maybe a frog spawn and some acans.

Purple Plus

Grim,

I've got a 20 inch nova extreme pro on a 24x24x18 cube, it used to be on a nanocube until it cracked a year ago. I've found the following UVL bulbs (i did find bulbs from current and aquaticlife but figured these were better, please call my foolish i'm wrong):

Super Actinic
Actinic White
Aqua Sun
454 Blue
Indigo Sun

Which combination would get me near a 14k-16k look?

I have a 48"x24"x20" LeeMar Rimless Starfire Glass currently running a 7 bulb Aquatinics Constellation 54w x 48" my current setup is 4 blue plus in spots 1,3,5,7 and 2 aquablue special is spots 2,6, these are all ATI in spot 4 I have a korallen zucht Fiji purple. I like the look and have really good growth but would appreciate some suggestions on a time cycle. Right now I run the blue plus from 7am until 6pm at 9:30 am the Fiji purple kicks on until 5:30 pm and the aquablue specials run from 10:30 am until 4:30 pm.

Thanks all help is appreciated!

Grim,

I've got a 20 inch nova extreme pro on a 24x24x18 cube, it used to be on a nanocube until it cracked a year ago. I've found the following UVL bulbs (i did find bulbs from current and aquaticlife but figured these were better, please call my foolish i'm wrong):

Super Actinic
Actinic White
Aqua Sun
454 Blue
Indigo Sun

Which combination would get me near a 14k-16k look?

Not sure any of those brand are any good or not. 4 454, 1 Aquasun and an Indigo sun

I have a 48"x24"x20" LeeMar Rimless Starfire Glass currently running a 7 bulb Aquatinics Constellation 54w x 48" my current setup is 4 blue plus in spots 1,3,5,7 and 2 aquablue special is spots 2,6, these are all ATI in spot 4 I have a korallen zucht Fiji purple. I like the look and have really good growth but would appreciate some suggestions on a time cycle. Right now I run the blue plus from 7am until 6pm at 9:30 am the Fiji purple kicks on until 5:30 pm and the aquablue specials run from 10:30 am until 4:30 pm.

Thanks all help is appreciated!

Schedule seems good to me except I'd probably shift it back a few hours so you can watch the tank at night.

Hey Grim, I have a "current" 6x54 fixture going on a 90 gallon, I'm wanting to do a mixed reef with possibly a clam, will this be sufficient light? Bulb recommendations? How long should I run the lights? It has to power switches, one that controls 4 lights and the other controls 2. Thanks

Hey Grim is there a 4 light combo that would still have a blue look and support crocea or maxima clam? If so any placment suggestions are welcomed.

Was reading thru an older thread that talked about temps and bulb life.
I run a Tek elite 6x54 and checked bulb temps today. Mine seem to run hot even with the fans.
Can I change the power supply to get more out of my fans? Currently have a 12v 0.5a power supply

Hey Grim, I have a "current" 6x54 fixture going on a 90 gallon, I'm wanting to do a mixed reef with possibly a clam, will this be sufficient light? Bulb recommendations? How long should I run the lights? It has to power switches, one that controls 4 lights and the other controls 2. Thanks

Put an ATI Blue Plus and Purple Plus on the two lamp switch. Put 3 more Blue Plus and a Coral Plus on the other. If you don't like the blue and purple for dusk/dawn use 2 blue plus.

Only a low light clam under that unit.

Back