There's a Volcano in my house!!!

Mr James

Premium Member
For any of you that follow the different skimmers out there on the market, I have a Volcano sitting at home, waiting for me to set up. Thanks to Mary at TCMAS!!

Pictures to follow!!

Two of the pumps are not working, so i sent them back to Mary and she is investigating. We left for vacation about 2 weeks ago, right about the time I sent the pumps back to her. So, when I get the two replacements, you will see some action.

They are replacing the pumps. I may sell the four pumps after a while and hook up four new Sicce pumps is what I was eluding to.

I'm gonna hook this upo to my system this weekend. One of the OR pumps is not on it, but I can run in without. I'll see sure to take pics.

Not hooked up yet. I always find other things to do. I am also setting up a 20g tank to house some sand and my mangroves (which by the way are doing VERY well. I am trying to determine if I want to connect the mangrove tank to the main system. I may not. I may run another complete system and do a Brackish-type system. Hmmmmm. I was also messing around with my macro lens last night. I will post some pics in a new thread once I sort through there.

THEN, I will be able to get to my new skimmer. That'll be a piece of cake though, I think.

Finally some pics. Reminder. Early Volcano by Aquatic Acrylics .... 4 x Ocean Runner 2700's....and man, that thing is moving some bubbles!!!

IMG_0030-2.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Yes, currently running all four. You kind of have to to control the water level.

Not that I am unhappy with the OR2700's, but I am looking to go more efficient and have been investigating the different pumps out there. I may replace to of these with some different models to test out and see how thewy work. I do plan to pick up and air meter as well as a Kill-A-Watt meter and test the different pumps. Resun pumps are one that I am looking at.

Back