Thinking about getting out........

pookstreet

Registered Stick Killer
How does one even go about selling stuff from an established 300 gallon system with some large colonies, a bunch of high priced fish, and high end equipment? Selling it all piece meal is such a pain but no one wants to plop down a fat chunk of change for everything at once. Either way, looks like selling it all is a pain and keeping the system is also a pain.

Pooky you can give it away and its gone in one day lol. But really if you reserve one day and have everyone come in to buy stuff you could sell alot.

Well you can make it really easy by giving it away for free... :spin2:

Jokes aside, good luck with whatever you decide to do. I'm sure it's not easy which ever way you go.

I had to break down my 150 awhile ago. If you offer up awesome deals, it'll go pretty fast if you part it out. It's really the only way to go. It's rare that anybody buys up the whole system lock stock and barrel. I mean even if they did, they'd have to have a whole tank transfer plan all set up complete with a multiple Brute cans, etc. Just part it out.

Thanks for chiming in, everyone. It's just a thought at this point. I've just been tired and overwhelmed lately. In my heart, I really don't want to do it but sometimes, reality kicks you hard in the gut and makes you think crazy things.

I can completely empathize with you Kenny.

When things are like that for me, I run for God like our kids run for us when they are struggling. Prayer helps me a lot and there's power in it and it comforts me. I wish you the best.

You cant get out Kenny! Maybe downsize?
Still remember picking up some zoa frags from
your office tank back in the day..
It's lonely with out a tank :-( lol

Going smaller really isn't the answer. More water equals more leway. Maybe look into making things more automated. Keeping only fish is easier, sps need better water quality maybe getting them out would make things easier. A major bummer with a tank is vacations, who is going to care for it. I for one didn't have a tank for awhile after a move and I missed it. But if the love is gone then it might be time to sell. If you don't like cleaning it you could always pay someone to do that.
It's tough to get a single buyer for everything. It could happen not to long ago I saw a post that did.

dont do it, then you have to buy everything back. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i need a date for the scmas Christmas parties man.

Don't leave the hobby Kenny! I think you will miss it.

If the tank is taking too much of your time, think about selling the corals that would suffer from a lack of maintenance. Keep the easy corals that don't require frequent water changes, supplements, etc.

Sorry Kenny for being on the fence with this dilemma. I haven't met you but I wish you the best on your decision. Just take it day by day at this point. Its better than you posting up to the group saying " hey I got to get this thing out by tomorrow night".

Since you have a some time, think it through. But whatever it is, I hope it makes you happy in the end.

Best of luck to you

Back