Thinking of moving to Aurora

jhendu

Premium Member
Hey everyone. I'm thinking of taking an assignment to Aurora and was wondering what the Denver/Aurora area has to offer in the way of shops and clubs to feed my addiction. Thanks for any info because this actually will play into my decision as to take the assignment or not.

There are about 2 or 3 really good shops in the metro area, a few more ok ones, and some more up north. There are a couple of clubs in the area, in my opinion lately, they all have good and bad points, but, most of the people are really cool. We have the infamous Grim Reefer, who is a lighting guru, as well as Jonthefb who is very sharp on many topics. In my honest opinion, Key @ Keys Island is one of the smartest guys around anywhere and won't try to sell you something for $250 that you can do as well for $50. That is a great quality in a businessman in my book.
As for the area, Aurora is alright, if you have kids, Aurora schools suck. Look for a place in the Cherry Creek School District if you wish to stay close to Buckley. Hope this helps.
Bill

FYI - Several Parts of Aurora are in the Cherry Creek school district. Aurora is rather big so like any large metropolitan area, there are both bad and good parts. I've lived in a lot of places including Spain and Italy. Colorado rocks!

- pun intended

You are correct, the Southern edge of Aurora is in CCSD. The rest is Aurora Public Schools, which is one of the worst districts in the state. Numbers do not lie.
Besides schools, houses are newer and lower crime rates in southern Aurora, Centennial, and the like.
Bill

From your phrasing I assume you may be contemplating a tour at Buckley air force base? I work there and it's quite nice. Colorado is wonderful, great weather. Buckley is great (though admittedly the only base I've worked on). I'll never move away from here.
The fish stores are a bit of a haul from Buckley but 45 minutes tops of driving will get me to any one of the good ones.

Back