Thinking to go all T5

dimasv

Good day guys,

due to one of my AP700s burning on me for no reason after 1.5 years of service and Kessil support not being able to help but offer a discount for a new light I am thinking to switch to T5s only. Will remove the remaining LED fixture.

My tank is 72in 180 gal, nothing crazy couple of SPS, but want to go more SPS. With ap700 SPS were not happy at all. I am thinking to go with 2x 24in fixtures. So far looking at the Giesemann Matrixx.

Can u suggest how much T5 power I need for SPS ? Never run t5 before

I have a 180 6 foot tank and I am trying to do the same this ....i have 2 36 ati 8 bulb over my tank

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’d go with a 6 foot 8x80 watt ATI Sunpower fixture. With a standard 180 gallon tank being 24” from front to back, the 17.1” fore to aft span of the 8 bulb fixture will cover that 24” front to back span of your tank nicely. You will be able to grow any SPS/Acro you want... provided that your parameters are up to snuff of course, :)

I'd go with a 6 foot 8x80 watt ATI Sunpower fixture. With a standard 180 gallon tank being 24" from front to back, the 17.1" fore to aft span of the 8 bulb fixture will cover that 24" front to back span of your tank nicely. You will be able to grow any SPS/Acro you want... provided that your parameters are up to snuff of course, :)

Yes, it will really kill you at bulb change time too if you have to pay for 16 tubes.

8*80 watt ati sunpower for the win. 80 watt tubes are only a couple bucks more than 24 watt tubes. Not economical or practical to run 16*24" bulbs on that setup. Just get the one fixture and hang it 6-8" off the water and you can stop worrying about lights minus your 12-18 months bulb change interval. Ati fixtures are super reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back