this is crazy (20 gallon high)

That’s awesome to hear. Sounds like they just needed to get acclimated

Good to hear they are on frozen and it should be the main food you feed. I don’t ever feed live to my seahorses. They may find pods in the rock but that’s it. Also rinse the frozen mysis if your not already doing it. It will keep your water quality better. I also feed two times a day, one in the miring and once at night.
It’s hard having people take care of them while away for me at least, I’ve done it but by time I come home the tank looks terrible.

Good to hear they are on frozen and it should be the main food you feed. I don’t ever feed live to my seahorses. They may find pods in the rock but that’s it. Also rinse the frozen mysis if your not already doing it. It will keep your water quality better. I also feed two times a day, one in the miring and once at night.
It’s hard having people take care of them while away for me at least, I’ve done it but by time I come home the tank looks terrible.
they are an axolotl keeper so they know how to do it. i havent been feeding mysis yet but i will soon. im feeding biopure brine right now

Reactions: VWD
good cuc?
Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 8.47.55 AM.png

Should be a good start. Only thing I may be concerned with is the shrimp *possibly* out competing the seahorses for food

Also caulpera can take over a tank and go “sexual” once established. There’s plenty of threads out there on it (here’s a couple)

Technically, it seems any macro can go sexual but caulpera seems most likely

As far as caulpera it can and will if it’s left unpruned. I have used in seahorse tank for years and have found the grape caulpera to be the fastest growing and have had it go asexual if not pruned. Even when it did it didn’t hurt the seahorses. I would prune it and partial water change. Here is an example of one of my tanks from years back. I have also found that the fern type not as invasive as far as overtaken the tank. The first is with fern or feather caulpera
6170B970-A3F4-4C7B-937F-A896E16BBF20.jpeg
EE7285B4-A737-4DD8-9AE2-A25EB39C6317.jpeg

How do you rinse mysis Vince?
I use fresh Ro water and let it sit in an little specimen cup and after it thawed I pour into baby brine shrimp net and run it under cool water. Then put back in little cup with Ro water and use a turkey baster to feed. I don’t target feed but aim towards the bottom of tank. It goes everywhere. They hunt it down .
Some people just place in bbs net and run under warm water to thaw. But I like my way.

Back