This makes me jealous!

This is hands down my favorite TOTM. John is a great guy and truly knows this hobby in and out. We were lucky enough last year to have him as our guest speaker at the '10 swap. And without a doubt my dream tank is not going to have a sandbed just ricordias, that is probably the coolest tank bottom I have ever seen.

Just finished reading it all! Amazing to say the least. The Fish list is impressive as well as the coral.
Bill

its about time go john ive seen his tanks 2 summer ago and also the setup is sweet. fishroom is like notthing ive seen yet. like lindsey said INSPIRING
ill have read this. also his fish can buy a very nice new car.

Copps Tank

Copps Tank

I have a question the answer to which is probably obvious to most of you. I am new with reef tanks and don't understand how in the world He (or any of you) can put the corals so close to each other without starting world war three of the reef. I have been told they can't be too close. :confused:

It varies from coral to coral on which ones are not compatible. Some corals such as kenya trees and xenia will release toxins to kill each other, but not always. Also, I have know some peoples tanks to be full of palys and/or zoas for years only to have them melt in a day. SPS can grow next to each other and fight for space just like any other coral, but sometimes they can get stung by something as ppowerful as hydnophora and almost get wiped out. It varies, but essential if everything quality wise is kept to par, the corals will act as they do in nature and work it all out.

Probably insurance for the thousands of dollars he likely has invested in his angels.

I use a UV on my RO, because it came with it, but was not sure if it was a good idea on a tank. I read that and was curious myself.

I dont think Im gonna go out and by a UV anytime soon, but you just cant argue with results like that. John is surely doin something right.

Back