Tiny high end torch experiment

as i was at my LFS they had some 'runt of the litter' torches for 39 bucks. Since i like a gamble and a project, I took one home! It looks like a indo gold torch at worst and if im lucky something more banana like at best!

i have quite some torch experience, but not with ones this tiny. Any tips on wether it would do best in high or low flow or bottom of the tank or near the light are welcome! I can't really go by feel since its so tiny, i can t really see if it closes up or not.

anyways, looking forward to share this little journey with y'all!
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 19.47.20.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 17.13.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 17.13.09.jpeg

Should turn out pretty good. I’d honestly put where you want its final place to be in the tank since it appears to be attached to the plug. I’d give it a medium flow and medium light.

I have had really good luck with what my wife and I call "rescues". I'm sure yours will turn out great!
I currently have my torch pretty much in the middle of light and flow as @reefing102 suggested although lately I have contemplated moving it up a little closer to the light.

on another note, I have bought so many frags for the $9.99-19.99 bargain tank price that a $39 rescue/mini seems high to me still, lol. But my only torch was $50 and I'm slowly accepting the cost of the new pieces I want... slowly... good grief I should rename the tank "401(k)"

on another note, I have bought so many frags for the $9.99-19.99 bargain tank price that a $39 rescue/mini seems high to me still, lol. But my only torch was $50 and I'm slowly accepting the cost of the new pieces I want... slowly... good grief I should rename the tank "401(k)"
That’s why a lot of reefers sell to offset the cost

Should turn out pretty good. I’d honestly put where you want its final place to be in the tank since it appears to be attached to the plug. I’d give it a medium flow and medium light.
its on a frag indeed, but I think its actually a sprout that showed up in the system of the lfs, so im gonna leave it on there until it forms an actual skeleton. It, s happy on the sand right now i believe with medium to low flow.

yeah it could have been more like 30 bucks, but here in europe torches are damn expensive (think like 110 euros for a 24k gold). To me the value is in the 'what can this grow into' and seeing the growth on something so small.

yeah it could have been more like 30 bucks, but here in europe torches are damn expensive (think like 110 euros for a 24k gold). To me the value is in the 'what can this grow into' and seeing the growth on something so small.

We got our only torch for $50 at the LFS and I did not realize at the time how great of a price it was. when we went back a few weeks later all their torches were $150-250ea.... so we passed on those, and then spent $90 on a very large pagoda cup my wife loved. that's by far the most I have spent on any corals. I do want to give Little Shop of Horrors a try though because zoas for some reason grow great in my DT and I've heard locals tell me their 3 polyp LSH zoas usually double in a month...

Back