Tip's for Aquascaping nano's

I think it all comes down to personal taste really. I think knowing mainly what coral you are going to house is a big thing. Liek I knew I wanted a toadstool, so I left the left side of my tank fairly empty for him. Also again as I think someone said up top is setting up your rock so you create depth inside your tank, with big tanks depth is so easy to create but with nanos I think thats where most people struggle with the rock work.

Heres my tank but you cant see much rock :p

I think it all comes down to personal taste really. I think knowing mainly what coral you are going to house is a big thing. Liek I knew I wanted a toadstool, so I left the left side of my tank fairly empty for him. Also again as I think someone said up top is setting up your rock so you create depth inside your tank, with big tanks depth is so easy to create but with nanos I think thats where most people struggle with the rock work.

Heres my tank but you cant see much rock :p

Yep. That's a WOW. Well done! Beautiful vision. Very inspiring way to plan a tank!

Green star polyps. They are like a horde of locusts ;) They will grow and cover just about anything unless the defendant has any form of protection. It then turns into a quick but short battle aka chemical warfare until one wins.

Search around and you will see a few tanks with their whole back of the tank covered. Xenia and blue clove polyps also do similar work. In my 100 gallon I actually had the whole back covered in zoa's. One of our 29 gallon cubes is starting to look like Curtis's tank. We have a rather large rock encrusted and it just reached across a open space and is now spreading to the next rock work.

Its a cool coral but can also be invasive. Just need to watch and control it.

Edit - here is a earlier image of mine up front. It has since spread to the rocks behind it with the 2 rose bubble tips. I started with one rose bubble tip and now have 3. They slit on me - go figure. I now am building a 40 gallon breeder out because the nems expand a bit too much and take up a lot of room :(

Attachments

• IMG_20140206_181622_895.jpg
    IMG_20140206_181622_895.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
back to the topic

back to the topic

I thought of a cool aquascaping method for placing live/dead rocks on the walls of your aquarium! I used this glue to attach extra suction cups I had lying around, let it dry for a day, and then attach it directly to the side of my tank (it's a tiny pico jar ATM) and they are totally secure! Great way to attack "floating" rocks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 8.27.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 8.27.53 PM.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 8.28.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 8.28.01 PM.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 8.28.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 8.28.08 PM.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the info on the green star polyps saf1. I think I'm going to directly use some of those in my new pico tank!

I thought of a cool aquascaping method for placing live/dead rocks on the walls of your aquarium! I used this glue to attach extra suction cups I had lying around, let it dry for a day, and then attach it directly to the side of my tank (it's a tiny pico jar ATM) and they are totally secure! Great way to attack "floating" rocks.

That is a cool idea Han, do the suckers stick to the glass well?

That's interesting...I wonder if the reduced flow between the rock and wall will lead to problems. I'd love to see how this works after a few months.

Tip's for Aquascaping nano's

Definitely don't overdo it. I am happy with my aqua scape, except for the coral skeletons. Going to take those out, and replace with LPS.
e3era2ab.jpg

Back