Toms SPS Dominant Reef

Unfortunately I had to remove my entire aquascape. Somehow grape calurpa made it into my display. It quickly took hold and i had to make the crushing decision to cut all my colonies out, remove the live rock amd substrate and replace with clean rock.

It was tough to deal with but im grateful that i have the means to hold my corals in my fishroom and that i had 100lbs of rock on hand. So far losses have been minimal but it was hard to have to disposrle of rock that was also encrusted with beautiful coralline and some nice zoa colonies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That sucks. Hard lesson learned to use chaeto in the fuge I guess, assuming you have a fuge. You aquascape so really cool so it auck you had to redo it. Looking forward to new pics.

Well, after that dealing with that mess, glueing everything in letting it all settle down for a while the tank seems to be doing ok. Couple of my colonies colored back up very quickly which is encouraging. Iv always found my sps do better with detectable nitrates and the explosive algae growth that occured cleaned the tank to much i think.

84fc75c5fc01d7dc6ae3198a197a6dae.jpg
f2700818c2193c22d369749b5a2a578a.jpg
98b5859d47bd4a30fdb5ab56a1365d32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not too bad. I am partial to your first aquascape though. It hurt me seeing what had to be done to a healthy reef due to unwanted algae. I know how much of a pain it is removing that stuff.

Back