Tonga branch rock

wakesetter

Premium Member
I have to move some aquarium stuff out of storage, including some big tanks and a couple of trash cans of XXL Tonga Premium branch rock. Real rock, not synthetic. What is the current price of this stuff? Last I saw it was like $12-15/lb. As far as I know this quality of Tonga Branch hasn't been imported in almost 10 years. What's the best way to sell something like this? Take photos and price each piece individually? Sell as a lot?

Attachments

• photo412608.jpg
    photo412608.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 29
  • photo412609.jpg
    photo412609.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 28
Man you don’t see that everyday. If it’s dry, I’d sell it in a per pound basis. I know some guys will pay $10-15/lb still even dry but most “normal” dry rock goes for $2-3 per pound. If it was me, I’d start at $5-10 and go from there. Also will depend if your willing to ship or not because shipping will be killer

@reefing102 You are drastically undervaluing this rock. It's not even close to the same.class as the $2-3/lb stuff. I would think $15 would be the starting point. Some of this stuff is huge and just plain impossible to get these days.

I understand it’s not the same but I think you will be hard pressed finding a hobbiest willing to pay that premium of price. I wasn’t saying sell it for the $2-3/lb stuff but I don’t think you’re going to get $15. But it’s your rock so yea.

I understand it’s not the same but I think you will be hard pressed finding a hobbiest willing to pay that premium of price. I wasn’t saying sell it for the $2-3/lb stuff but I don’t think you’re going to get $15. But it’s your rock so yea.
If people are paying 2-400 for a yellow tang getting 15$lb for tonga branch rock is no problem.

I’d say $8-10 a pound. You can get real Australian live rock for $25 a pound and Florida Keys premium live rock through KP Aquatics for between $12-15 a pound. Where are you located?? I’d be interested possibly

I’d say $8-10 a pound. You can get real Australian live rock for $25 a pound and Florida Keys premium live rock through KP Aquatics for between $12-15 a pound. Where are you located?? I’d be interested possibly
I'm in CA, Pismo Beach area. PM me if interested.

Back