Tonga branch

tjm9331

Hey guys

I have some Tonga branch, right around 10lbs or so that I want to add to my 75 only issue is that the branch has been out on a table in my deck for some time. Sitting in the rain, Sun etc.

My question is what should I do to get this stuff tank ready so I can add it in? I'd rather not soak it in bleach if I can avoid that cause it's going to be going into an existing tank. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Personally I would just rinse it well and throw it in. But I'm probably more reckless then most.

Thank you for your responses fellas I appreciate it...

If I decided to give it an acid wash, how long after the wash would I have to wait to put it in the DT? What should the whole process be...wash in acid, rinse...rinse some more...then rinse a bit more then put it in the tank? or is it a bit more complex than that?

the stuff that may have been living is long gone with the sunlight beating down on it. I had a 50lb piece that had been sitting in the sun for months, it was like using base rock. I rinsed/dunked it in ro/di a few times to get the dirt and crud off then I added it to about 60lb of live rock in the setup and had absolutely no issues.

my vote is to rinse it off and throw it in, acid wash is a waste of time and money imho.

Back