Too many livestock,please help

Ok guys something happen in my tank today,I don't have an oportunity today to make the water change I tell you I'm going to do(too much work today)so when I came back home tonight I test to look how things are going and WALAAA!!

PH 8.2-8.4
amonia-0
nitrite-0
nitrate-10

This seems to be good news but there's a break that amonia spike again or is a sign that things are return to normal?

What's your opinion.

I don't trust those readings...

you added 7 fish to a fully stocked 2 month old 55 gallon tank...

somethings, just, wrong there./..

Hmm yes something sounds a bit fishy.

Have you been doing SMALL water changes?

Also what kind of test kits do you have and when are you running the tests?

Bienvenido al mundo de los reef aquariums!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi raypadro, Im 20reefer (Pablo) I just saw the private message that was sent by swanwillow today. Try to post here your problem in spanish because in that way I will know with more detail what is happening. Also try to post some pics to help you with the fishes id and from where in PR you are.

Por lo que pude leer, lo unico que puedes hacer es segir haciendo los cambios de agua como simpre y trata de comunicarme conmigo.

En confiansa me puedes enviar un PM, casi siempre estare online en las tardes y el la noche ya que estoy en escuela superior.

raypadro,

How much Live Rock do you have in the tank? What kind(s) of filters do you have for the tank?

Did something happen to the LR and filter media from the other tank or could you use them with your tank?

Hello guys,first thanks to all.
I test my tank with a Aquarium Pharmaceutical liquid test.
I test taking tha water from the main tank,not from the sump or refugium.Yesterday I test water 2 times and seems to be consistent in the measures.Today I test again and:

Amonia 0-.25
Nitrites 0-.25
Nitrates 10
PH-8.1-8.3
salinity .024

I do made a water change yesterday about 15 Gal. Hope this was enought info ,thanks,Ray.

Pablo te deje un PM.

raypadro,

What kind of filters and how much LR do you have?

Are the filters and/or any of the LR from the old tank available to use in your tank? It may be too late for this but thought I'd ask anyway.

raypadro:

When ever you see ammonia, which is very toxic to fish, add a few drop of water conditioner like this one:

p_15507_FS22521D.jpg

You should be able to buy something very similar at your local fish store. Read the bottle: it must be able to remove "ammonia".

Thanks dchao.

What I got for filter is a wet/dry and about 80-90 puonds of live rock,and nothing is available from the other tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6477796#post6477796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dchao
raypadro:

When ever you see ammonia, which is very toxic to fish, add a few drop of water conditioner like this one:

p_15507_FS22521D.jpg

You should be able to buy something very similar at your local fish store. Read the bottle: it must be able to remove "ammonia".

Because the tank is quite new shouldnââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t he let the biological filter create Ammonia so it can be absorbed by the nitrifying bacteria.

Shouldn't this only be used on established tanks and not ones that are cycling?

Yes true it can be used to stop it from reaching dangerous levels.

But I believe that nitrites are showing up now so the ammonia should be on the way back down anyway.

skepperz

I know the ammonia will still be present when nitrites rise, but with small water changes he should be able to maintain it a manageable level.

Back