Torch coral colony price

fishwater

I have a green torch with whitish tips that has approximately 17 heads. It takes up a good bit of room and was thinking of trying to sell it. How much should I be asking for it if I prefer to sell the entire colony?

Attachments

• 5823B597-517A-4F5C-973C-450FC64EFF49.jpg
    5823B597-517A-4F5C-973C-450FC64EFF49.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
In my area (northern va, dc, md) you could easily get 20-25 per head and would still be cheaper than LFS. Nice colony, good luck.

In my area (northern va, dc, md) you could easily get 20-25 per head and would still be cheaper than LFS. Nice colony, good luck.

As a fellow DMVer I can definitely attest to this. People pay $50 a head at the LFS. I am one of them, LOL

Lol i live in woodbridge virginia.. in petco in dale city which has a pretty decent frag tank they sell torch corals for like 50$ i have one from them a nice purple one with two heads and its a pretty big size.

In other reef stores like quantum reefs and stuff they charge an arm and leg... Tbh the cheapest store here is in manassas called capitol aquarium.. they have better selections too.. a torch coral frag there is about 30-50$ a head. Frog spawns can vary from 15 to 25 a head.

Fyi if you guys are looking for bubble corals petco in dale city has two grape bubble coral frags..( lotterally the size of grape for each bubble) and they are huge. Id get em but i already got 3 bubble corals lol

Lol i live in woodbridge virginia.. in petco in dale city which has a pretty decent frag tank they sell torch corals for like 50$ i have one from them a nice purple one with two heads and its a pretty big size.

In other reef stores like quantum reefs and stuff they charge an arm and leg... Tbh the cheapest store here is in manassas called capitol aquarium.. they have better selections too.. a torch coral frag there is about 30-50$ a head. Frog spawns can vary from 15 to 25 a head.

Fyi if you guys are looking for bubble corals petco in dale city has two grape bubble coral frags..( lotterally the size of grape for each bubble) and they are huge. Id get em but i already got 3 bubble corals lol

Hey man, thanks for the help. I need to get out to Capitol to check them out. Quantum reefs has some nice stuff, but they are CRAZY expensive! $75 a head for some euphyllias

I only like quantum for the light bulbs he can get ati bulbs for the same price as amazon.. same with his other odds and ends.. but his fish and c9rals are overpriced.

He wanted 120$ for a small blue tang where petco can irder me one and keep it in the bag for 60$ and capitol had one for 75$ with no ich or anything. He doesnt qurantine his fish either.. so thats alot of money for no quarantine.

Last edited:
Capitol Aquarium is actually where I picked up my torch. 4 big heads for $150 and had a sustainable aquatics tag on the disc. Its about the size of a soft ball when inflated. I was looking on craigslist for weeks for a torch and just gave up and paid retail. Im always in Woodbridge and always forget to check out that Petco. Have you guys checked out Blue Ribbon Koi in Manassas? Pretty good coral/invert selection with decent prices. I bought 2 heads of purple/green tip frogspawn for $30.

No i never heard of them until the other day.

Petco has nice corals amthey have a bunch of hammer. Bubble corals. Leather. They have a yellow porities bunch mushrooms. And some chalice and stuff right now. They also have two purple cepitularas.

There fish selection is better then any local fish store... but their tanks are infested with ich and velvet... they keep getting 100-200$ tangs and angelfish for them to die a week later.. it sucks.. but petco wont let employees properly medicate or do hypo salinity.. so when i do get fish from them i get them in the bags still or try too. 90% of my tangs and fish are from them.

They had as gem tang during the 30% off sale a month ago.. thats a 600-1000$ tang.

Onky thing i hate about capitol aquarium are employees... My mom wanted a rock with luke 6 corals on it they were holding fir like 4 months. They said it was on hold.. then suddenly it wasnt on hold and they would take 250$ for it.. then suddenly it wasnt for sale.. then suddenly the lady said (were waiting for the right person) to me that means the assumed my mom couldnt afford it which is a joke because my mom could buy that store 10x over.

During there black friday sale i wanted a frogspawn with 3 heads on it which was 25$ i asked him how much fir that and i said i want it. He said hell help me when hes done with the other customer.

The other customer overheard the price and bought the coral i wanted and im like um i asked first and the dude working there said oh it was reserved im sorry. **** it was. I also got personally shoved by some rude guy and i fell half way into the salt water trash can with my leather jacket on... store exmployee said oh its black friday... The guy was lucky i didnt grab his head and dunk it in the frag tanks

Then another time i called asking if they had a kole tang.. they did so i asked if they could hold it fir me.. i drove 40 min to buy it.. i get there look at the kole tang and wait for the customer hes helping.. then suddenly that guy buys the kole tang and im lile hello i just came here for that fish and i called 40 minutes ago and we just spoke face to face 5 seconds ago about the tang.

To me thats EXTREMELY rude and poor customer service... thhats the only reason why i havent been back in months. Except to buy my blue tang i got a few weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Asian got a problem with that snowflake ? That isnt racist at all so move along.

If it were a white guy i woukda said white guy if he were black i woulda said black guy. Soo many people get offended so easily these days its hilarious

Asian got a problem with that snowflake ? That isnt racist at all so move along.

If it were a white guy i woukda said white guy if he were black i woulda said black guy. Soo many people get offended so easily these days its hilarious

Hmmm... interesting that you didn't feel the need to enphasise the ethnicity of the other people in your tale of woe. (You know, like 'the lady' in the shop that upset you prior to the 'rude asian' -- as you so eloquently put it).

I assume you're using the word 'snowflake' as a byword for 'ovely-sensitive'. This is quite ironic, based on the whinging nature of your original post.

Soo many people are ignorant and overwhelmingly uneducated these days, it's hilarious!

Oh -- and based on your need to posture as tough guy (nice touch mentioning your 'leather jacket'), I'd be willing to bet that the only things you're close to dunking in real life are donuts.

Last edited:

Look here pal ....I’ve edited your post and removed a couple things. You’ll notice that the EXACT same message comes across when you remove those words.
They are unnecessary and that is proven by the fact that removing them does nothing.

So. Your move sport.

Back