Torch rescue

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
Rescued this 5 headed torch from my LFS. At the cost I couldn’t pass it up and won’t be mad if the rescue fails.

So here’s my theory, this is a wild collected torch from looking at the variety of microfauna on the skeleton. The algaes however are what were irritating the heads. Overnight in my coral quarantine, my CUC took care of most of that. So here it is yesterday when I brought it home and 2nd and third pic is as of today (better but not great yet).

IMG_0509.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

I’ll try to keep this updated. I’m not complaining yet for just over $2 (after a $60 store credit for some sinularia and a 50% off coral sale)

I love rescue stories. I actually brought home a rescue Red Sea sailfin tang yesterday. He had been there in a dark corner for a few months and living off of brine shrimp 🙄

He finally came out and started tearing into some macro algae, and is already coloring up.

Good luck with the torch!

I love rescue stories. I actually brought home a rescue Red Sea sailfin tang yesterday. He had been there in a dark corner for a few months and living off of brine shrimp 🙄

He finally came out and started tearing into some macro algae, and is already coloring up.

Good luck with the torch!
That’s awesome! So far I’m enjoying it

Just a quick update, no pics but it’s turning neon green and actually does not appear to be a torch at all. It’s either a frogspawn or hammer spawn hybrid. Either way, still a great price

Back