Tort ID pls !

IMG_2363.jpg

For fun,

1st row from left to right
lokani, tenuis, oregon blue tort, lokani, milli

2nd row
Crayola, some sort of stag, green slimer, unknown, blue rim cap, and a soli.

let me take a crack. although i'm not a 100%.
First row
A. Granulosa or lokani, A. loisettae, A. tort oregon most likely, A. Suharsonoi or Simplex or Cariolinia, even lokani, A. Prostrata or millepora

Second row
A. Plana, A. Formosa, A. Horrida, maybe A. Rosaria its not a monti is it? I've seen montis that grow like that, M. Capricornis, A. Abrotonoides

let me take a crack. although i'm not a 100%.
4/11 less than 50% Just to reinforce my point is very diff. to peg this frags.
There's some obvious like the lokani and the leng-sy look alike
and the blue tort
The rest are very difficult lol but keeo trying.
btw I'm 1005 sure of all the id's. I created this response for
Mr. Ostentum but haqve not heard from him yet LOL

For one I was driving home from work is why you didnt hear from me. And another thing I was just trying to give my opinion on something and corals that I have come across in my 5 years of experience. Seroiussnaps, your rude come offs are very unappreciated so here is for you gtfo if you dont have anything constructive to say. Your comment it on not chips, well if the second one doesnt look like a chips why dont you give us some evidence on why it wouldnt be. Serious never once did I claim to be an expert, just my OPINION and what I have seen. Gasman maybe I havent seen many, I just house about 5 different varieties in my tank, and have many friends who house more in theirs and have in my experience yet to see one without blue or purple or some shade inbetween on torts. From the stock photos like i said I have both. One being an ORA Tort and the other being an ORA Chips or atleast that is what 5 different people who have been raising SPS for 10+ years have told me. You make a valid point about ID sps being extremely difficult especially in frags under a couple of inches, because they are not fully colored nor has there true branching structure shown itself.

Here is my best educated guess to humor you. Flame away when I dont identify them correctly cause I am sure that is what your after. Make me your muse for all I care.
1st Row
A. Granulosa , Hoeki maybe?, A.Tortuosa (Not sure if it is Cali or OR), Deep water acro of some sort maybe a lokani or Carolinia?, Blue Prostrata
2nd Row
A. Echinata, A. Abrolhosensis( Blue Stag)or Nobilis, A. Loisetta, A.Horrida, M.Capricornis, Saw one with this structure the other day and it isnt coming to me , robusta.

Flame on

You make a valid point about ID sps being extremely difficult especially in frags under a couple of inches, because they are not fully colored nor has there true branching structure shown itself.
Agree

Here is my best educated guess to humor you. Flame away when I dont identify them correctly cause I am sure that is what your after.
No buddy not at all -the purpose of the thread like must of the threads in this forum IMO is to educate ourselves in this wonderful hobby not to bash. So if it came across that way I apologize -def not the intent of the post. Anyways it will be extremely difficult to id this frags-unless u picked them yourself LOL. I picked them and when i got them home i was like what LOL- anyways-here u go(this are 5 months old now.
lokani-chips-blue tort-turaki-blue milli
desalwii-turquiose stag-green slimer-a.chester-lend-sy look alike-miami orchid.
:D

In all honesty some of the correct answers crossed my mind with the exception of the Miami orchid, very interesting growth pattern. There is always something to learn in this hobby. and I definetly got my lesson for today. Thanks for the post I appreciate it. As for Serious my original statement stands. Bad day today so if I jumped the gun a little I apologize to you. BTW how did you get the growth structure on the Miami Orchid, is that a colony that has been fragged multiple times to get that growth because it does look when a coral base grows out and new baby branches form.

Is it too late to try?

Armand , Dennis , Suzette , Ramiro , Lisa , Juanita , Barrett , Dustin , Chris , Geoffrey, and Charlie.

What did I win?

Back