Touched. Thank you ALL !

rigleautomotive

Premium Member
Every once in a while something touches me deeply enough that I need to speak of it. The Frag swap the society did in Lancaster PA last weekend was one of those days. The events have become so busy and large that for the last few years I have not felt the elation and joy I used to get in the past. Really not having the time or setting to speak to the youths that attend with the goal of raising awareness and conservation along with propagation being essential for sustainability. I thought I may have accomplished my goal with the Reef Conservation Society and my interests may wander to another challenge.

Well, I was approached by several young adults and a few high school students that changed my thoughts and gave me incredible joy and fulfillment. A few fine young people with that intelligent glow were so pleased to thank me for pointing them to a career and course of study they find so captivating that work becomes play. One in particular is in college and studying marine science with great success. Looking for a career in marine bio. This young man was a kid I gave a coral to about 6 years ago. He has studied my school of thought and has listened carefully about my love for the coral reefs. He has learned how to propagate sensitive animals with great success while still too young to have a drivers license. Although I take no credit for his achievements, I do feel as proud as if he was one of my own kids. After the event I realized several young folks fought through the crowds to just thank me. This was so touching for me that I needed to digest it for a week to really fully enjoy and understand what it was that got me started.

The shows became the spotlight for some time and I believed with capacity crowds, my job was done. I thank the kids for helping me remember. The RCS is now spreading across the state/country with the Tanks In Schools program funding coral reef bio types for these young minds to absorb. We are touching hundreds of kids daily with the beauty and most importantly, raising awareness and forging minds for the future. I am gushing with pride at what has been accomplished and I thank all of YOU who read and listen to my rants for this.
Thank you for the support and for listening,reading and caring !!!

Dan, It really makes you think when something like this happens!
You lit the light in a persons life.
Greatest accomplishment you can do in my eyes.
Keep up the good work.
Vinny
LIRA

That is what we are trying to do, educate the next generation. Great job Dan. So, does that mean you will be the keynote speaker at our next frag swap?

I'm serious. I think it is a great idea. We need more interaction with membership.

Your the reason I know what I do, have the tank and corals I do and continue to stay in the hobby...even when life gets overwhelming!!! I think you've helped and taught more people than can ever thank you!!

Bobby, you were also a set of those young eyes that had the spark. You listened carefully and for years. I saw you gaining confidence in your problem solving and troubleshooting as the years passed. club members began to look up to you and listen like you once did to me.
It is progress I never saw coming and so very important to saving wild corals and our reefs.
Every one person in this group that becomes a farmer with the mind set you have, Is a guardian angel of our amazing natural coral reefs. We will be the gate keepers of the ocean someday and I will be proud to be , if only a tiny part of this. TY !!!

Your the reason I know what I do, have the tank and corals I do and continue to stay in the hobby...even when life gets overwhelming!!! I think you've helped and taught more people than can ever thank you!!
+1 Dan, without your help, guidance and knowledge I would never have come as far as I have in this hobby. Thank you for sharing your passion and knowledge with us.

Back