Trachy trouble

reefteaser

Convince'em or confuse'em
I’ve had this coral for a few years. Many month ago, it started deteriorating (along with a few others) when my chemistry went out of whack. All is well now, and my other corals look great, but very slowly over time this Tracey has lost some tissue and some of the skeleton has algae growing on it. It’s been this way for quite a while, neither getting better nor worse. What can I do to improve it? Can the bad sections be cut away without harming the coral? Can it be fragged?
Appreciate any help from those familiar with this (former) beauty.

Attachments

• EECFF3EA-E955-4F66-B32B-67A34A4301F9.jpeg
    EECFF3EA-E955-4F66-B32B-67A34A4301F9.jpeg
    739.2 KB · Views: 9
I’m not sure about the fragging aspect but that’s a beautiful coral. Are you directly feeding anything like frozen or phytofeast or reef roids?

I've heard of people going as far as using a dremel (or a trimming tool) to remove the skeleton, but it would involve taking it out and subjecting it to a lot of stress. The good news is that it appears healthy and stable; this kind of die-off happens and I'd just leave it; it may even grow back or grow out enough to cover the skeleton.

I've heard of people going as far as using a dremel (or a trimming tool) to remove the skeleton, but it would involve taking it out and subjecting it to a lot of stress. The good news is that it appears healthy and stable; this kind of die-off happens and I'd just leave it; it may even grow back or grow out enough to cover the skeleton.
My thoughts also.

Thanks, I guess I’ll just wait it out. I have a scoly that a while back deteriorated to about 2/3 of a circle when my chemistry went out of whack. I got the tank back to normal and gave it some TLC. This is what it turned into.

Attachments

• BC837084-1335-42B4-B14F-D08ACE53DDC7.jpeg
    BC837084-1335-42B4-B14F-D08ACE53DDC7.jpeg
    976.6 KB · Views: 5
Back