Treating Ich?

Dbaron

Can someone explain to me what is the best stuff to use to cure fish of Ich. I'm gonna set up a 20g qt tank today and would like to start ASAP so I don't lose anymore fish. I've read most people are using Cupramine. Does anyone have experience with this?

I have found tank transfer method to be the fastest and most effective "treatment" for ich. I have tried cupramine in the past but had trouble safely maintaining therapeutic levels, and would have ich return eventually. Following tank transfer and a 72 day fallow period two years ago, I have not seen it return.

I have found tank transfer method to be the fastest and most effective "treatment" for ich. I have tried cupramine in the past but had trouble safely maintaining therapeutic levels, and would have ich return eventually. Following tank transfer and a 72 day fallow period two years ago, I have not seen it return.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the tank transfer method?

Please do read as much as possible about the method to understand the process, timing (this is very important) and science behind it.

The very short version is that it involves moving the fish to a sterile environment every few days to "outrun" the life cycle of Ich. You are essentially moving the fish away from the parasites while they are not attached repeatedly until on day 10 there are none remaining.

Doing this, along with a 72 day fallow period should eradicate ich from your system.

Currently just went through the ich issue. I went the hyposilinity route for 8 weeks which worked well for me. I heard tank transfer is great as well but do your research and see which one your willing to go through. Both are proven methods with different approaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back