Trigger & Trigger compatibility?

kpk

Been Reefin'
Hello all just had a question. I have a pair of blue throat triggers atm and they will be going in my 220g before long. Would there be a possiblity of having another "reef" type trigger? Maybe a black, sargassum, or pinktail by chance? Anyone have any experience with this?

i have a durgeon trigger and a bluejaw in my 180 with no problems.
HPIM0180.jpg

Very nice I like the setup. The Black looks bigger than the bluejaw. Do you think that makes a difference?

thanks!the black is bigger not sure if that makes a diiference.i feed very heavy so maybe they are too full to fight!:)

Tons of people keep multiple kinds of triggers together. With the exception of the very aggressive triggers (clown, undulate, queen), they'll be fine. I have a pinktail and probably will add another, although I haven't decided what kind.

jimmer, nice tank... Is that a standard 180? It looks really deep, but maybe it's just your rockscaping?

I think mixing will definitely depend upon habits. Many of the zooplanktivorous species are found in relatively large groups, anyway. Melichthys niger can be found by the hundreds in tightly bound groups, all interacting quite peacefully.

Cool glad for all the information. I am just having a hard time choosing one of the 3?? Anyone have any more pics?

Back