Triton Testing?

Fragaddiction

Anyone ever just thought their tank was cursed? Lol, I'm at a loss for what the issue is & my last thought is to send to triton for analysis. Anyone done this & if so is it worth the money? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Good question I was just looking up how much it costs last night... 50 bucks for a test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever just thought their tank was cursed? Lol, I'm at a loss for what the issue is & my last thought is to send to triton for analysis. Anyone done this & if so is it worth the money? Thank you in advance.

I know Roger used them...

I just got my test back, I think it was worth it. Takes the guess work out of what going on with your water. Also tells you what corrections for your water is needed.

Does it tell you if there's anything that shouldn't be in the water? My chemistry is on point, just at a loss why my tanks not thriving.

If your chemistry is "on point" you don't need triton. Thats what they do. They don't test for bacteria or virals.
I can only assume you have only tested some of the major elements and likely none of the minors or traces.
Triton is for testing all that you haven't.
There will also be a USA testing company coming but that won't help now.
Where is your po4 and what test did you use?

My po4 is fairly low, less than 0.10 tested using hanna low range tester. No unwanted algae in the tank. Alk runs around 9.5 w/ doser maintaining on esv 2 part, ca around 450, mag at 1500 & correcting about once a month manually, salinity 1.025, temp 80*f, nitrate 0, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, using reef crystals, rodi w/ 0 tds. Checked stray voltage, used a poly pad that didn't change colors at all. I just picked up a redsea abcd test kit to test essential elements & the kit to correct if they're off. Thats my task tomorrow.

While .1 po4 is not terrible it is not low. I would try to get below .05.

Have you tried running a lower alk. High alk causes no problems for some but major problems for someone like me. 7.5 to 8dkh is my good range. I honestly do not think our test kits are right. I don't even think they are very close according to what the manufacturers say they test. If I am right on that your alk is higher than you are reading on your kit. Just a theory and I have no scientific evidence except testing water from here and across the globe with my kits.

Back