Trouble with AOG's

Tswifty

I acquired some Armour of God Palythoas the other day along with a few other types of Palys. Anyway, the others have all opened, but the AOG's haven't even slightly cracked open. I haven't seen any pests, or anything like that on them. Corals were all dipped in Revive prior to addition as well. It's been about 3 days since I added them.

Any idea what's going on, or recommendations?

Sometimes it can take a while. I once bought a frag that literally took 2 weeks to open. Certainly not the norm but it happens. Give it a little more time or try moving them to a calmer brighter spot in the tank.

It can take days to weeks, depending on your tank and the coral. I have some AOG's that always look like crap compared to all the polyps around them. But no irritators or predators.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't think it's just taking time (or I wouldn't have made the initial post), and have a hunch something is up with them. Is there a page/thread for treating palys/zoas for various ailments?

If you dipped them in Revive then don't know why you would FW dip them, FO would just further stress the hell out of them. FWI I don't FW dip polyps, some aren't tolerable of it and just melt the same or next day from it. if you really want do another Revive dip with some of your tank water, carefully inspect it for irritants and predators and their egg masses...

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=384

Back