True Perc Egg gestation period

Ruu

So...

I have a 180 with a pair of true percs. They used to pretty much ignore one another (big tank, multiple anemone's), but I guess at some point in the last four years of them being in the tank magic happened and now I have one big clown, one little clown and some birds'n'bees action. I noticed eggs for the first time a few weeks ago, and then I watched a very gravid female become a skinny female with a mini-cave full of eggs this afternoon.

I'm not intending to try and raise the fry at this point (at some point maybe), *but* I do have to tear down my main display at some point soon and move everyone into a stock tank for a couple of months while the basement is re-carpeted etc. In the interest of not stressing out the fish more than I have to, I would prefer to try and move the little guys once the eggs have moved on and they aren't trying to protect a full nest. Assuming that the eggs were laid today (which they were, cos I watched), how long before they stop being eggs?

Also, and hints on catching a pair of clowns? It's been at least 6 years since I have had to remove anything in the tank, so I am a little out of practice.

Dave

They will hatch in 7 to 10 days depending on water temperature, the warmer, the sooner they will hatch.

In regards to catching the clowns, catch them at night while they're sleeping.

Back