Tune 6095 issues

tphill1989

I am having issues with my Tunze 6095. It has been hooked to my apex for about 2 months now. It has suddenly started to intermittently stop working. I.e. it will run for a few seconds then turn off for a minute or so. I have cut back the din cable leading from my apex, soaked it in vinegar multpile time, cleaned the inside of the drive unit with a pipe cleaner, scrubbed the inside of the motorblock, etc. Basically everything I can think of. The unit works flawlessly outside of the tank i.e. in open air but as soon as I put it in the tank it starts to act up again. What else can I do, of anything? Or would it be best to mail it to tunze for repair? I don't have the original packaging so I hope that's not an issue.
Thanks

Hi Todd,

We spoke earlier by phone, let me know if you have any other questions.

I see this is a bit of an old thread but my Tunze 6095 is exhibiting the same behavior. I have 2 units, and I've swapped the power supply and the working one continues to run as expected, the failing one runs for a few seconds then stops. It's clean and not obstructed so I'm assuming I need to replace the motor?

Does the drive unit remove easily and leave the metal shaft behind rigidly fixed in the motor? How old is it? Have you tired it running by itself? Not paired to another pump or controller?

Back