Tunze 3152 ATO issue

canadianeh

I also have Tunze 3152 ATO and I am also experiencing issue.

Original issue:
When I plug in the power, the pump turn on right away and pump water. It continues to pump until I stop it by turning of the power. I set the sensor on the water line submerged and only the top side above the water. What am I doing wrong?
image_zpsg3amabcz.jpeg

After contacting Tunze distributor in Canada:
I received the controller replacement from a Tunze distributor in Canada, and after I installed it, it still does the same thing. I also put thicker cardboard between the magnets. Once it connect to the power, the pump turn on automatically and pump water for 1.8 minutes and then beep every 10 seconds. The strange thing is even though the jumper is on the second setting which is for over than 26 Gallons tank, if it is working properly it is supposed to pump for 3 full minutes as per manual. After I turn the power off and on (the manual says to reset it back to normal I have to do this), the pump right away pumping water again for 1.8 minutes. This is all happening while the float sensor is completely submerged under the water.

If I change the jumper to the first setting which is for tank less than 26 gallons, the pump turns on for about 5 seconds and then stop. The same thing this is all happening while the float sensor completely submerged under the water.

Update 11/09/2016:
Last night I can hear the pump working by topping off water, and it seems working fine. The jumper is set #1 (for less than 26 gallons) right now. My tank is 40 gallons. When I set the jumper to #2, the pump continues to pump water for 1.8 minutes (should have been 3 minutes as per manual) despite the sensor is completely submerged under the water and I can see the float is up and down when the water level rises and decreases.
I left it under jumper #1 and is observing it for few more days before I make my decision wither to quit it or keep it.

For German made product, this is such a hassle.

Just want to update that Tunze distributor in Canada has acknowledged that they had a software issue with Tunze ATO that they discovered after they talked to the manufacture.

Just got a replacement pump for mine and it was doing the same thing yours did. Had it on the larger tank side as well. Ran for a while and turned off. Came home today and it was below the float, turned pump off and back on and off it ran til well over the float switch. Immediately starts pumping if I turned it back ok after I turned it off again to not pump too much in. Switched to the small tank setting and it isn't pumping right now at least. Not too keen on that since my tank may be pushing it for a nano ATO anyway.

My tunze ato has been acting up lately. It makes a pumping sound, but no water actually pumps.

I got it working again for a couple of days, but it’s happening once again.

I’ve reset it multiple times , but it hasnt worked.

Anyone hsd this issue?

Should i put it in a bucket of half vinegar water and try cleaning it?

Tunze

Tunze

My tunze ato has been acting up lately. It makes a pumping sound, but no water actually pumps.

I got it working again for a couple of days, but it's happening once again.

I've reset it multiple times , but it hasnt worked.

Anyone hsd this issue?

Should i put it in a bucket of half vinegar water and try cleaning it?

Back