Tunze 6040 Issue

thebiggster

Hi

Have a 6040 and just recently the pump has been playing up. Pump seems to work OK out of water but as soon as you place it in water, controller LEDs pulse randomly and pump runs randomly. SOmetimes for a minute or two sometimes just a couple of seconds.

Any ideas?

Thanks

How old is it? Is the metal shaft the drive unit spins on still firmly fixed in the motor? Have you tried removing the drive unit and cleaning the pump and drive unit?

Hi Roger

I think it is about 5 years old (bought when they were first released). I have cleaned the entire pump and the shaft is still firmly in place. The impeller runs free and does not bind up on either the shaft or the housing.

I tried playing around with the wave auto adjust function but it just starts and stops in 1-2 sec intervals and when you switch it over to wave ok it runs in short pulses of approx 50%.

Does the unit have an no water auto stop?

Yes, if running dry or jammed or with a damaged drive unit, it will sputter for a while and eventually stop, this can only be reset by cycling the power. I think the best course would be to have Tunze Australia diagnose it, they can be repaired for far less than replacement cost.

Back