Tunze 7096 stops working after a few hours

Rody

Hello,

I tried to find the answer on the forum but i could not find anything about this problem. Strange because in holland there are more people with the same problem.

Ok...the issue.

I have a new 6095, 6040 on a Controller 7096. It's set up in Pulse mode with randon flow, ramp on 0.4 and the speed between 30 and 70% on channel 1 and 2.
Moonlight and night mode off.

When i connect the pumps it works for a few hours and then the pumps stop complete, always after the night it seems.
When i connect the unit to the computer and to the pumps again they work again for on day.
Is there someone who knows this problem?

Please try it without the 6040, if it works correctly then, we have to assume that the 7090 controller on the 6040 is not set properly for external control.

Also verify that it is in pulse mode and not interval, in interval 1 and 2 turn off and 3 and 4 turn on at the set Interval.

Please try it without the 6040, if it works correctly then, we have to assume that the 7090 controller on the 6040 is not set properly for external control.

Also verify that it is in pulse mode and not interval, in interval 1 and 2 turn off and 3 and 4 turn on at the set Interval.

The first try was without the 6040 and then i had the same problem. Then i tried it with the 6040 and also the same problem.

I checked if the controller was setup in pulse mode and it is set in pulse mode.

Hmm, this is strange, I have not encountered this before. What voltage is set on the 6095 power supply (what jumper are you using)?

Hmm, this is strange, I have not encountered this before. What voltage is set on the 6095 power supply (what jumper are you using)?

I have to check the voltage, i did not see a jumper for this.
I'm home in about 30 min.

I found another thing. When i disconnect the 6095 and use the controller only with the 6040 i see no problem. Yesterday i disconnected the 6095 and 2 hours ago the 6040 was still running ik random pulse mode.

The 20V is a jumper, the pump came with 6 total 12, 15, 18, 20, 22 and 24V. It has two pins and can be replaced to slow or speed up the pump.

I think the problem is with the 6095 pump or the controller cable for this pump. Most likely is a loose connection for the power or control cable.

Really? I did not know that.
So the jumper is more for people who don't use a controller. Now i know what you ment with the jumper :)

So maybe there is a problem
with the cable or the pump. The outlet is not the problem because i plugged the 6040 om channel 1 where the 6095 was on first.
I will take of the 6040 and replace it with the 6095 and test it again. The channel and cable should be ok because the 6040 does not have any problems.
Txs for the advice. Tomorrow i'll give you a new update.

The jumpers are important even with the controller, for example you only get the full 9500 lph at 24V, at 12V 100% will be half of this. It sets the range so 30% at 12V is slower than 30% at 24V.

Sorry, i ment that when you use a controller you don't need to replace the jumper if you want to change te speed.
I replaced it with the 24v jumper :)

Still the same problem. The 6040 keeps on running in the right mode but the 6095 stops. When i connect the 6095 without the controller it keeps on running, so it seems that the 6095 is ok.

Another strange thing. The controller was working in pulse mode with only the 6040. When i checked if the pump was still working i saw that it was switching on and off. The lights were going from 1 and 2 to 3 and 4. When i connected the 6095 to output 2 the controller switchet back to pulse mode. Now it is really confusing.

Are you sure the program is saved to the controller? That sounds like interval mode.

Yes. That's wy it's so strange. When i connect it to the laptop and read from the controller it gives me the exact settings the way i programmed them.

In fact i ve seen that happen to my setup too, both pumps stop working.. have a 7096 with 2 6105s connected..I just disconnect both pumps from the AC outlet and plug them back in..they then work..but my issue is what if I dont notice it, there will be no circulation in my tank.
This is in Pulse mode (incl. random flow) and my controller settings are saved (tried "get file" and it works).. I ve not tried other settings on my controller to see if this is limited to the Pulse mode..

Sudarshan, that sounds like a different and known issue, try changing one 6105 to 12 or 18V, if that solves the problem, the problem is with a 6105 motor, this was an issue a few years back, the motor would build up a static electric charge at 24V and reset the controller. If the jumper change solves it, please contact me by PM.

Rody, I am at a loss, I would suggest contacting Tunze Germany by email or phone and speaking to the main technician, Matthias, he may have more ideas, I lean toward a motor issue causing a reset but I have not seen this before on any model except older 6105's and even the 6105 issue is tricky, in some cases it is not the motor but the power supply, something stores up a charge and this is interpreted as an interruption which causes a reset.

Back