Tunze Waveboxes

elvictre

How many large tank owners use Tunze waveboxes or streams? I am still in the planning stage of a 670gal. I want to start buying equipment. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Vic

I've used the Streams on a few tanks and love them, awesome flow without the hassle of drilling. Never tried the Wave Box but I would like to in the future.

Hi,

in 870gal with nearly 10feet length i use 2 of them opposite each other
(there is a jumper in the controller to change for that operation).
As you might know there is a certan resonance? wave-frequenz for each tank-length
to operate at (and to find with the poti on the controller) to have the max. highth of waves.
In smaller tanks (i.e. not as long) i consider these frequence as too high (fast) to give a natural
look (too fast, too many waves). In my 10 feet its about one wave every 1-2 seconds
which i like.
I think it pays to have a overflow, where the water does not fall a long way to the button,
else you will have the wave sound, which is not bad but loud in your room ;-).
Tunze themself state, that they would recommend other water movement also to move
the water through the tank and not just forward and back.
I love esp. the polyps of my catalaphyllia in the waves :).

best,
Ralf

Thanks. My tank is going to be 10 feet as well so I think I will go with the waveboxes and a couple of streams.

Ralf as far as the wave, do you see it from the front of your tank? Example I would rather see all water through my front glass. I know this could be corrected by framing the tank into the wall but I am curious as to how many inches (if that much) you would see of the wave.

Thanks

Vic

Hey Vic,

in my tank its about 1.5" difference between high and low waterlevel, which i can see by
looking from front into my tank and looking at the waterlevel at the back.

Tunze states in the description that with a tank of our length you should be able to
have 2 waves in the tank (doubled frequence) but i havent tried it.

Be careful if you have glasbars at top of the tank along its long side for stability.
It the water (wave) touches them, the wave is disturbed and will not develop.

best,
Ralf

here in italy the price is very good for tunze
if you want I give you the contact to take the pomps in italia
electronic tunze 6000 180 European
multicontroller 7095 160 European
wawebox 320 European

tunze in italy

tunze in italy

hi
I write you a letter PM
because I don't know if in USA is permitted to write on the forum address him some shops!

Wow I have family that travels to Italy every year. I will give that a thought. If not I will PM you for the info.

Thanks

Vic

For those living in the US,
isn't there 230 Volts 50 Hz in Italy
and 110 Volts 60 Hz in the US ?
Maybe this isn't an issue and i'am talking nonsense.
Ralf

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7538576#post7538576 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RalfP
For those living in the US,
isn't there 230 Volts 50 Hz in Italy
and 110 Volts 60 Hz in the US ?
Maybe this isn't an issue and i'am talking nonsense.
Ralf

No Ralf, you are correct.:thumbsup:

I actually thought about that after my post and you are a 100% correct. Also if you do a currency converter they are about $60 less. To save $60 and have a potential problem is not worth it.

Back on the subject. Ralf what do you recommend as far as overflows? The tank is going to made from acrylic and I can make special requests as far as my overflows. I am getting the tank from Tenecor and I was going to get regular overflows in the back. Is there a way to design them to accommodate waveboxes?

Thanks

Vic

Hmm,
i have to confess, that i don't really know what regular overflows in the US are ;-).
But i would recomment to use an overflow, were the water ist not "falling" down a shaft and hitting ground or other water down there. This would of course produce sound, which is doubled with waveboxes.

Personally i use an overflow, where the waterlevel is near the waterlevel of the tank.
That's an overflowbox with two drillings.
The pipes connected to both drillings are led into the sump.
One of them, which ends at bottom of the overflow-box is the main-overflow-pipe and has a valve, outside the tank. This valve is to be closed slightly, so the waterlevel in the shaft rises slowly. Depending on how far you close it, you can adjust the waterlevel in the shaft.
It's adjusted for the waterlevel to be 1" less than tankwaterlevel.
The other pipe at the other drilling continues inside the overflow and ends 1/2" below or at waterlevel of tank, its for safety only, if other pipe gets blocked. (As its damed up, this could happen). There is only very little sound.

best,
Ralf

Back