Turbelle Stream 3 Beauty of the Beast

Ricardo, how thick is the glass? You only need new magnets if the glass is thicker than 2/3rd inch. The factory included magnets work for 1/2" just fine and if you have 3/4" you have to replace the magnets the pumps come with with 2 sets of 6025.500. A lot of people ask why we don't just include the stronger magnets, the reason is mostly that if the magnet is too strong it pulls on the impeller causing vibration, with the magnetic levitation magnetic fields affect the balance, so they include what will work for most people on the more common glass sizes.

Ricardo, how thick is the glass? You only need new magnets if the glass is thicker than 2/3rd inch. The factory included magnets work for 1/2" just fine and if you have 3/4" you have to replace the magnets the pumps come with with 2 sets of 6025.500. A lot of people ask why we don't just include the stronger magnets, the reason is mostly that if the magnet is too strong it pulls on the impeller causing vibration, with the magnetic levitation magnetic fields affect the balance, so they include what will work for most people on the more common glass sizes.

Thanks Roger..so I will just replace the 2 DRY SIDE magnets with the new ones

Would one of these be enough for a 72"x24"x30" or should it be accented with other power heads? Plan will be SPS but a pretty open aquascape. Return won't be contributing much.

I'm moving on from Ecotech as I just don't trust their longevity or customer service anymore. The stream looks very appealing though from a performance perspective and Tunze still has a solid reputation.

You would need 2, my tank is 72 by 24 by 28 and I use 2 and I supplemented them with 2 6055 and my return is about 800 gph. 2 will generally do the job but you may find areas far from the pump that need some supplemental flow or specific inverts that you have to hit with more than the general flow in the tank.

You would need 2, my tank is 72 by 24 by 28 and I use 2 and I supplemented them with 2 6055 and my return is about 800 gph. 2 will generally do the job but you may find areas far from the pump that need some supplemental flow or specific inverts that you have to hit with more than the general flow in the tank.

Thanks, about what I figured but we reefers always hope to be able to do more with less lol! That's right about where my return is planned to be as well so thanks for the relevant feedback.

Hi Roger, I've ordered one Stream 3 (arrives on Wednesday) - because my tank is tight up against a wall I can't attach directly to the back wall, do you have any feedback on anyone using these with the Stream rock?

I generally am a fan of the other models of Stream rocks because they shield the pump intake and can make it reasonably safe for anemones, but the Stream 3 rock does not shield the intake, it is also fairly large. I have sold some and I have used one myself at a trade show, I won't say they are bad, but fairly large and lacks the one feature I really like about the other rocks. I don't have any feedback on them besides my own. In general I like to start a macro algae or zoos or mushrooms on the rocks as it hides them quickly and they are hardy enough to survive being removed from the tank for maintenance, but in this case the pump very easily just lifts out of the rock. They are ceramic, but fairly stark white until coralline grows over them.

Thanks Roger, I'll see how I go on with initially putting the pump vertically on the short side of the tank with the deflector on...roll on Wednesday :)

After having the Stream 3 running in my tank the whole 2017, I am only able to praise this expensive tool. (Mine was one of the first 100 - shouldn't make a difference anyway)
Today I removed the "redirection" top cap and placed it so it blows from one side to another.... decreased from max to 60% and it still does a hell of a job. And it doesn't make a sound. Don't let me start on the Jebaos I had before in numbers....

Does anyone know what could be the reason for the bad availability?

The magnetic rotor of the drive unit is extremely difficult to manufacture and has greatly slowed production. It has two oppositely poled magnets, you imagine how hard it is to assemble two magnets that want to push each other way during assembly. Step by step they are getting this worked out so we have steady production.

Well, I have my 5 Streams running now.2 horizontal and 3 vertical, all in different modes.Combined, thy are quieter than one of my old MP60's.
I am really pleased with my decision .

Back