Turbo snail size

roostertech

I got some turbo snail to clean up a little GHA. I didn't realize how big these suckers are until I put them in the tank. The biggest ones are 2" ish and I can spot them across the room. They did quick work of my little GHA though but I'm nervous of giant snail bulldozing my corals.

How big do you usually get your turbo snail and how fast do they grow?

They get pretty big.I've gotten 2 over the years, I always get the smaller out of the group when I buy.They seem to clean up the tank very quickly and then die. I have 2- 15 gallon tanks. It seems my tanks don't provide enough for them to survive.

They are definitely bulldozers. Glue and epoxy help, but they have knocked frags off of rocks that were epoxied. Even knocking them off of my frag rack. But nothing cleans up hair algae like the turbo snail.

From what I've found.. The size you buy them at is roughly the size they will stay.. Mostly because when they are large they are usually only a year or 2 away from dying..

Probably because we use them to take care of an issue and unless you tank remains full of algae they will not have sufficient food to live much longer...

IME they grow fairly slow but they do get pretty big.

A buddy of mine has some that are the size of my fist in his 245.

Back