Undulate triggerfish

Reef lover1

Is there any way to keep them with other fish? My lfs fooled me and gave me a undulate trigger which got suddenly aggressive. It was housed with a very fast domino demsel and a lionfish (volitan). It seems to be peaceful for 2 days and suddenly started the fight with demsel. Lionfish is showing aggression towards it and for now,trigger fears of it. That demsel is way too fast but trigger is more fast then it and i saw some bite marks on it's face and then i removed trigger. Both lionfish and trigger is of same size. Currently, I hv placed that trigger in a 35 g tank(my qt without lights) and I hv given it some rocks which it is rearranging

Welcome to RC! If possible I would return it to the LFS. Generally, and I have no experience with this fish, they need a very large tank with large or similarly sized tank mates

Undulated trigger is one of the most aggressive triggerfish

If you decide to keep it it will
Probably be fine with the lion

Eventually the damsel will get eaten by the lion or the trigger

Undulated is one cool
Looking fish though

Just watch your fingertips!!

Undulated is one cool
Looking fish though

Welcome to RC! If possible I would return it to the LFS. Generally, and I have no experience with this fish, they need a very large tank with large or similarly sized tank mates
I hv tried to return but my lfs has that policy of no return. I hv read that it can pick lionfish so that what I fear from. That demsel is way too fast for lion but trigger is very fast and it surprisingly followed it to it's hiding place(which was way too small for it) and i heard a grunting sound and then I saw demsel with some bite marks on it's face so I shifted it. Also, my lionfish becomes mad on it i.e, it changes it's colour to black and site next to trigger by opening it's all fins(may be aggression?)

Currently trigger is in qt tank and it is looking like a smart fish. It had learnt to play with ball,lol. I had given it some rocks, a stick(which it is enjoying biting) and some snails shell. When it came, it was of dark green colour but now it had turned to light green and it had never been shy after day 1

Are there any other LFS that may take it? You might not get a full refund but some form of store credit? Or could list it for sale locally in a club forum

Are there any other LFS that may take it? You might not get a full refund but some form of store credit? Or could list it for sale locally in a club forum
Actually here it is hard to find marine sellers. I think I may keep it alone in my qt tank as I don't hv any plans for putting any other fish for now:)

Undulated is one cool
Looking fish though

yes my blue throat took a nip outta mine

Back