Undulated Triggerfish - damaged fin

leviticus

I'm considering buying this Undulated Triggerfish from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den. It's upper fin appears torn and there is a white line on it that runs horizontally. Is this a sign of parasite or disease? I called LiveAquaria, and they couldn't provide me with any information.

Attachments

• lg-1101231-027.jpg
    lg-1101231-027.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 15
I'm considering buying this Undulated Triggerfish from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den. It's upper fin appears torn and there is a white line on it that runs horizontally. Is this a sign of parasite or disease? I called LiveAquaria, and they couldn't provide me with any information.
The "white line" could be the lateral line. Without a video under white light, I can't tell. If it is the lateral line it isn't as healthy as it should be. Add to this the damaged fin, and my sensibility says to pass this fish up.

Consider purchasing this and any other ornamental marine fish from an online source that performs a proper quarantine process before shipping. It will serve you well and save $ in the long run.

The "white line" could be the lateral line. Without a video under white light, I can't tell. If it is the lateral line it isn't as healthy as it should be. Add to this the damaged fin, and my sensibility says to pass this fish up.

Consider purchasing this and any other ornamental marine fish from an online source that performs a proper quarantine process before shipping. It will serve you well and save $ in the long run.
I think they are asking about this white on the fin.
Untitled.jpg

One of the worst fish on my ‘Never Again’ list… will kill tank mates and constantly rearrange everything in the tank.
Good luck!

My experience with my own fish is it will be gone in 3 days or be permanent. If they are going to heal they do it very quickly.

I would request a current pic of the fish.

My experience with my own fish is it will be gone in 3 days or be permanent. If they are going to heal they do it very quickly.

I would request a current pic of the fish.
The Undulated Trigger was delivered 3 days ago, he was already healed before I received him.

Back