Upgrading soon, need advice

LSUJosh

I will be bumping up to a 115 gallon tank soon and I need advice on flow. What are some powerheads that yall would recommend and how many of each? It will be a mixed reef.

Tunze Streamd are great.
So are the EcoTech Vortechs.
Neither are cheap but they are good.

The above are great if you have the cash. Koralia powerheads are a good option for less exppensive flow.

I like my Koralia evo 1400s. They give plenty of flow for around $50 each. I didn't see the point of spending $400 on a powerhead lol.

Another option is to drill the tank, and run a closed loop. This would limit the powerheads visible in your tank, as well as limit the heating due to the equipment in the tank.

Well the tank is drilled but the return does not produce enough flow. The current owner of the set up supplements with a mp40 and mp20. Someone local is selling two tunze 6105s and a tunze 7195 for less than $300 but I have never really looked into powerheads that big since I have always just had my Red Sea Max 130. Do any of you have experience with these? $300 for all three seems like a great deal if they are a quality product.

Tunze makes a great powerhead which is backed by years and years of proven performance. $300 isn't a bad deal at all....snatch them up. $300 won't by one MP40, and the 6105's put out more flow.

Back