URS is one of most active boards!

drbronx

Premium Member
I just had an interesting realization. I'm down here in So. Florida on vacation and checked into some local forums to ask some questions and found out their boards are quite dead. Then in looking down the list of forums across the country, I realized that our forum is about the fourth most active board in terms of threads and responses rivaling Boston, the Denver/Rocky mountain region and Chicago. The most active and densely populated of course is So. California. Thus if one calculated the population adjusted amount of activity, we definitely rule. That could only mean one thing, we are truly mutants and have no lives:). Just an observation.

lol that is great to hear and well I could have saved you the effort and told you we all have no lives!!!!!!!

Yeah, dr bronx I've noticed that too.
I also noticed that there was another board up in the top 5, that the mods were heavily involved in... because of issues.

I was proud to know we have such an informational people-friendly forum.

my wife tells everyone that i joined a cult!that im always checking the computer and going to cult meetings!the urs will soon take over the world!!!!!!!!!

i gotta say also that we are one of the more civil boards also. i check a few out depending where i am out of town and i cannot believe how much bickering and arguing goes on compared to our group. we do have a few here and there, but nothing in comparison to some groups. i'm also impressed by how knowledgeable so many of our group members are and how willing they are to share. well done everyone!!!!!

I believe it!! I've been looking around the midwest for reef clubs and there is very little to choose from. There is a big one in St. Louis, but that's pretty far from where I'm going to live...

I'm thinking about setting up my own message board!!

(Plus, I'll still come back to visit you guys!! ;) )

I've also been visiting a couple of So. Florida reef shops. They are huge and awesome in terms of the amount of equipment and livestock that that they carry. They eclipse even our best shops. But one thing I found lacking was knowledge and sophistication. People living down here in the hobby are quite loaded with cash. They just go in and buy tons of stuff without doing much research. We on the other hand, are shall we say forced to be more thrifty, and therefore more discriminating with our purchases. Thus we research the heck out of things before we even buy an algae scraper. I think our socioeconomic base is one possible reason why we have evolved such a high degree of sophistication in the hobby. I realize that this is simplistic and overgeneralized, or maybe just cognitive dissonance to make us feel better about being relatively less well off. But whatever the case, now that I have seen the other side, I am more appreciative of URS and the information we posess and share. Almost makes it worthwhile to freeze for five months!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6841978#post6841978 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drbronx
But one thing I found lacking was knowledge and sophistication. People living down here in the hobby are quite loaded with cash. They just go in and buy tons of stuff without doing much research. We on the other hand, are shall we say forced to be more thrifty, and therefore more discriminating with our purchases.
Careful. I always see lots of people at upstate LFS's making ill informed decisions about what they're buying.
RC and/or URS members generally tend to be more aware of what they're buying than the uninformed masses, however. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6835593#post6835593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drbronx
PS: This is our 8931'st thread. So. Cal leads with over 11,000. But who's counting?
Hey we are slacking and need to catch up lol

Back