Used Hamilton Technology Hood - MH Works/PC Do Not Work - Make Offer

sanjosereefer

I'm selling my USED Hamilton Technology hood which contains both metal halide and power compact bulbs.

The power compact DO NOT WORK. I'm not sure if it's the ballast or not, but when my bulbs went out and I replaced all 4 PC bulbs, none of them turned on. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot this.

However, the metal halides STILL WORK fine. Also, the fans on both ends still work.

Specs:
Length = covers 4 foot tank
(2) 175W MH
(4) 96W power compact (4 square pin)

So why buy a hood if only the MH work..well, here are some options if you're creative:

1) Replace the PC ballast...not sure if that's the fix, but can try.
2) Use just the 2 x 175W HM bulbs...still awesome. I run 14000K and everything looks great.
3) Customize the hood to run LEDs in place of the PCs.

I've actually thought about Option 3 because it'll be clean to add LEDs strips to your tank and hide it under the Hamilton fixture, if you don't have a hood for your tank. Heck, you could probably hide some Kessil 350s under the fixture. I just really don't have the time to pursue this little experiment.

Email me or call me (408) 603-7025 if you want to check out the lights.

I would hate to throw this system into the dump, since there's so many hobbyist in the area would might be able to use it.

Attachments

• MH Big - smaller size.jpg
    MH Big - smaller size.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • MH Ballast - Smaller size.jpg
    MH Ballast - Smaller size.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
Now FREE - sending to electronic waste on Sat 4/20

Now FREE - sending to electronic waste on Sat 4/20

So now I want to just give the light away. Cleaning up the house and it's taking up space. I already have an appointment for next Sat (4/20) to throw away some electronic waste...TV, broken PS3, etc. I plan to throw this out too.

Please call/text instead of PM, because I don't log in that often to this message board.

Thanks.
408-603-7025

Back