video of my tank

latazyo

hey guys...I capitalized on a good opportunity to film the flow in my tank today

when I turned the mag12 up (about 75% full power) it kicked up a bunch of crap into my tank, so you were actually able to see the flow

so I need some opinions...should I lose the seios altogether or do I still need a little additional flow?

pay attention to the part where the video shows inside the overflow box and see if you think I have more room for water....there are 7 holes located along the top, so there is plenty of extra drainage space

the part you see in the video is the stockman with the top removed because the black paint is still drying

thanks for viewing, please add comments

dial up (aka cavemen) need not apply, the video is 10MB

http://bitz.net/~latazyo/Pics/Aqua/37RR/vids/37rr02212007.wmv

I think you need more flow, but I like a lot of flow :D The Seio's are such a gentle flow it will only help.

Looks like pretty good flow but really it's hard to tell without actually being there. I'd see how stuff grows, you can always add the Seios late if you need to. Is the top holding ok?

The only thing I think you will have a problem with is the splashing in the sump. You are going to get a lot of salt creep.

yes, I know, any suggestions for the salt creep?

I was thinking about putting a piece of acrylic over it, but I am gonna try to extend the drain under water first and see how it goes...I have about 8 feet of 2" pipe left over

edit: I just added a little extender to the drain outlet so its a few inches under water now...DEAD SILENT

Robbie, the top is better than premium grade dog food

Last edited:
Wow, not just dog food but PREMIUM grade chow. I hope that you mean you like Dog food! :) Good to hear Leighton. Keep us posted on the progress.

tank bow is 100% repaired

I realized that during the video I had the pump at about 70%...it is now turned up to 100% and I opened the T off of the cross in the sump and its going well so far....

the corals all survived, but are not all fully extended and happy yet

Back