Vinegar Dosing

I got an error with the chart but I would assume cut back until your levels start to rise and add back slowly until things are where you want them. Assumptions obtained through personal experience.

I have seen that chart many times and I could never imagine putting that much into my tank. It seems to be for the most extremely dirt tank or vinegar is extremely week. I luckily have never needed the large amounts of additives recommended by the masses.

I always say start very slow. Like I would start with 1 or 2ml on my 250 for at least a week or two. Nothing good happens overnight.

I tried vinegar dosing a while back for about 3 months. Got up to about 40ml a day and didn't see any drop in nitrates our phosphates. I switched to fructose and have had good results with that. Much lower quantities, about 2tsp a week.

I have seen that chart many times and I could never imagine putting that much into my tank. It seems to be for the most extremely dirt tank or vinegar is extremely week. I luckily have never needed the large amounts of additives recommended by the masses.

I always say start very slow. Like I would start with 1 or 2ml on my 250 for at least a week or two. Nothing good happens overnight.

Vin is not as strong as vodka. I think u r thinking of vodka dosing then the 1ml starting numbers are correct. Vodka is much stronger carbon source so you would need much more vin to match the strength of vodka. If you r going to do it. Follow chart then cut in half when u reach levels u want.

Roger

Back